Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

AMAZON DELIVERIES VIA SEUR

AMAZON DELIVERIES VIA SEUR

Old May 13th 2016, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AMAZON DELIVERIES VIA SEUR

Originally Posted by liveaboard
I have found that as long as my Portuguese mobile number is on the parcel, I receive it.
Now I use the phone number as part of the address, so my street address is "TM92*******"

Today I had a delivery from GLS; quick and efficient. Sometimes it works.
I agree completely , but after the 2nd debacle which took place less than 2 months after the first, I complained to GLS HO in Holland.
They did reply ,but took there time in doing so, next thing I know a Sr.Julio Silva who at the time was head off op's GLS Lisboa phoned myself.
It was agreed I would supply my full contact details so as to try alleviate any problems in the future.
I did so by email & received a "read reply"
So all my details should be on there data base ?

Luckily this is the first time in 4 years GLS have been used, & it still goes' pear shaped !

DHL & UPS also have my details , they phone me when there leaving last drop & we always meet in front off the church in a nearby village.

The reason given on the tracking site for non delivery is "incomplete address"
I have used this address for 130 buy's on EBay & never had any trouble at all.
To elucidate :- GLS is a Dutch Cº wholly owned by Royal Mail UK.

You may be interested in this.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/commu...=45076#p490083

Last edited by Ingles; May 13th 2016 at 5:28 pm. Reason: added link
Old May 13th 2016, 6:10 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

I'm feeling lucky to have (eventually) received all my goods now!
.... let alone being up on the bargain, having had a full refund for one remote bath outlet eventually delivered by Seur, and getting another next-day p&p free.

Now - anyone need a nice chromed-brass remote bath outlet "unavailable in the Portuguese market" according to several retailers here (only with "chromed" ABS parts which, by experience, will last five minutes before peeling)????
Old May 13th 2016, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

On one project I did I wanted a simple bath overflow drain, but they only had plastic ones with a knob to open a connected bottom drain with a cable.
I said to the salesman; "We have hard water here, everything calks up solid, right?"
He agreed but had no alternatives in any of his catalogues.
So I bought a chunk of solid 4" bronze rod, took it to my buddy's workshop, and used the lathe and cutoff saw to make one. Then had it chromed.
Just in case you thought you went to excessive lengths to get things how you want them.
I was back there recently; 10 years and it looks the same as when it was made.

Ingles, you have to have your phone number on each and every parcel; they just haven't got it together to record and retrieve details of customers. Yes, they should; but they don't.
My experience is that the driver will call if he/she has the number on the waybill.
Old May 16th 2016, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

I need some help here with my limited knowledge of Portuguese.

My parcel from Singapore has been sitting at customs for a month and a registered letter arrived today.
I think it states that they want my fiscal number and the invoice.
Do I email them with 3 attachments. One for the invoice, one for the IRS Fiscal Number and the signed letter they sent me?

I went to CTT today to find out but nobody there understands a single word of English.
Old May 16th 2016, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ukkram

My parcel from Singapore has been sitting at customs for a month and a registered letter arrived today.
Do I email them with 3 attachments. One for the invoice, one for the IRS Fiscal Number and the signed letter they sent me?

I went to CTT today to find out but nobody there understands a single word of English.
Yes :- Send high priority & request a read receipt. + obviously store the sent mail.
p.s. good luck
Old May 16th 2016, 5:32 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Move south you will find it a lot easier to make yourself understood.
Old May 16th 2016, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ingles
Yes :- Send high priority & request a read receipt. + obviously store the sent mail.
p.s. good luck
My Windows 10 does not show "read receipt" in gmail.
Old May 16th 2016, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by EMR
Move south you will find it a lot easier to make yourself understood.
Too hot and arid there.
Old May 16th 2016, 6:36 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Too hot and arid there.
You really should come down here, everywhere is green and lush, our lawn has never looked so healthy.
Tonight we have had, the first new potatoes and toms.
We have limes that are the size of tennis balls.
Basil, tarragon, parsely, mint, chives, coriander and sage in the garden.
Does that sound hot and arid to you.
Old May 16th 2016, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I also had a parcel from Singapore, and probably the exact same letter;
They want a scan of your fiscal card, not just the number.
I think.
Pretty sure.
Old May 17th 2016, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=liveaboard;11949675]I also had a parcel from Singapore, and probably the exact same letter;
They want a scan of your fiscal card, not just the number.
I think.
Pretty sure.[/QUOTE

They want to know your blood group,when you last went to the WC, and whether you take medication too..lol
Old May 17th 2016, 7:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Ukkram complains that they speak Portuguese in Portugal ?

Is that a wind-up ?
Old May 17th 2016, 7:38 am
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by scot47
Ukkram complains that they speak Portuguese in Portugal ?

Is that a wind-up ?
It must be as he also thinks the south is an arid desert.
Old May 17th 2016, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

I'm astounded to say that we ordered a parcel from Amazon (not a 3rd party supplier) 6 days ago & it arrived by CTT yesterday....... and my postman bid me good morning in English when he delivered it.
Old May 17th 2016, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by EMR
You really should come down here, everywhere is green and lush, our lawn has never looked so healthy.
Tonight we have had, the first new potatoes and toms.
We have limes that are the size of tennis balls.
Basil, tarragon, parsely, mint, chives, coriander and sage in the garden.
Does that sound hot and arid to you.
That is not near the sea. I cannot live more than walking distance away from the sea as sea fishing is in my blood.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.