Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

AMAZON DELIVERIES VIA SEUR

AMAZON DELIVERIES VIA SEUR

Old Jul 19th 2015, 10:20 am
Just Joined

DIFISH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AMAZON DELIVERIES VIA SEUR

This may be resurrecting a old issue but it appears to be reaccuring.
I have had problems with a Amazon delivery when they used SEUR. Drivers returning to the depot with the delivery. Then eventually after several complaints to Amazon phoning and saying collect package from driver at a Cafe in the next village.
I recently place a second order to Amazon which is going via SEUR. and it would appear the same is happening again. The interesting thing is SEUR are a subsidiary of DPD, Chronopost is also a subsidiary of DPD yet they managed to deliver to my home as well as UPS, MRW and DHL. So are other people still experiencing problems with this company?
Old Jul 19th 2015, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

OnecalledBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AMAZON DELIVERIES VIA SEUR

Originally Posted by DIFISH
This may be resurrecting a old issue but it appears to be reaccuring.
I have had problems with a Amazon delivery when they used SEUR. Drivers returning to the depot with the delivery. Then eventually after several complaints to Amazon phoning and saying collect package from driver at a Cafe in the next village.
I recently place a second order to Amazon which is going via SEUR. and it would appear the same is happening again. The interesting thing is SEUR are a subsidiary of DPD, Chronopost is also a subsidiary of DPD yet they managed to deliver to my home as well as UPS, MRW and DHL. So are other people still experiencing problems with this company?
Yes, we have problems every time with SEUR and Chronopost. Complaints to DPD in UK fall on stony ground. The usual excuse is that the driver has no contact details or cannot find the address, neither is true, the address is easy to locate via GPS and they always have the phone number. When we complain they always ask if we can pick up the parcel in the local depot. Unfortunately, seems that Royal Mail are now using them. Interestingly we never have problems with UPS, MRW or DHL.

Last week we received two texts from Seur, one giving a delivery date, the other advising the time window. They failed to show. There was no one answering the phone. We eventually got through, two days later and their excuse was that the driver didn't make it to our town that day (nor the next it seems). We're still waiting.

Last edited by OnecalledBob; Jul 19th 2015 at 12:00 pm. Reason: Incomplete text.
Old Jul 19th 2015, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Same things here...... we've had them call and ask to meet at Bombeiros and Intermarche, had others left with people we don't know but live in the same or nearby village and also no shows.

This combined with the delivery charges mean we're ordering far less than we did in the past.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 8:50 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

I'm here waiting for the axe to fall.....

I ordered a plumbing part from the UK, gave full address, CP, postcode the lot.

Received an email to say "dispatched by Amazon.es via Seur".

Second email from Seur suggesting delivery tomorrow, but to a town 30km away. Tried to contact Seur by email, system won't accept full postal code, just the fist four characters .... and won't accept postal town as it doesn't concur with the restricted postcode that they accept.

Doesn't bode well.......
Old Apr 29th 2016, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

If the delivery company is UPS, they will phone you and arrange a meeting place on the delivery day. Works very well in the countryside where I live.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 8:45 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BillBullock
If the delivery company is UPS, they will phone you and arrange a meeting place on the delivery day. Works very well in the countryside where I live.
But it's not UPS, it's Seur - and their system doesn't even accept full Portuguese postal codes, just the first four characters - and without confirming their erroneous delivery details I can't even contact them (unless I want to call Spain and speak to a contact centre)!

As a last roll of the dice I blagged my way to an Amazon service email - and they have responded to apologize and say they have contacted Seur to call me. We'll see.......

Last edited by macliam; Apr 29th 2016 at 8:48 am.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I've had mixed results; sometimes they get to my door, sometimes not. Frankly, it's a hassle either way.
I sure wish I could just pick up deliveries at the post office when I go to get my mail.

I use my phone number as the first address line on all orders; sometimes they were too thick to notice so now I prefix with 'TM'
Old Apr 29th 2016, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of

Why not speak to a local business or cafe and have it delivered there in the future?
Old Apr 29th 2016, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Because that's a hassle; and then I owe a favor to that business or cafe.

I just had a call from Seur; he wanted me to meet him in town, 24km from where I live.
I told him he can deliver Monday, to my house.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 7:09 pm
Resident Cynic

Despite Amazon's intervention, Seur still called me today from 25km away, surprised that they could not find me...... They then offered to deliver "somewhere" in my nearest town, a mere 12km away - but not until Monday.

Amazon have refunded my postage and given a £5 voucher, which is all very well, but I still have zero confidence that the item will arrive.

One issue is that the Seur system is based entirely on the Spanish address format. They only know of 3 "provincias" in Portugal .... Lisbon. Evora and Faro and can't handle the four-plus-three number postal code.
Old Apr 30th 2016, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

My latest Amazon purchases are coming via SEUR so I will let you know my experiences of deliveries here in the Algarve. Last time I complained about MRS and Amazon refunded my postage straight away. Then they used UPS and all went well.
Old May 5th 2016, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

My Amazon delivery by SEUR went well. The tracking system was accurate and, on the due day, I received a telephone call 10 mins before the driver arrived in Moncarapacho, my nearest little town. That service was as good as UPS.

The same day I received an Amazon package via MRW. Now, they are the worst in my opinion as the driver was in the area the day before but failed to call me, taking my package back to the depot in Faro. I complained to Amazon and got my postage refunded again (the same thing happened 2 months ago).
Old May 5th 2016, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

I ordered roses from David Austin who is famous for his speedy and efficient delivery service. I filled in all the details plus phone no for the delivery service chosen which was DHL

David Austin advised me when the roses were dispatched and the estimated time of arrival.That would have been on a Wednesday.Friday morning we were in the garden and the dog barked, by the time i got to the front gate (2mins) there was no one there,just a note stuck to the railing. Yep DHL had been and gone in a nano second. Had not called the mobile no I had given, required by DA delivery. I tried calling them repeatedly all Friday afternoon. no reply Eventually got through at 5pm and was told that altho it Said .. 24/7 service.,they now could not deliver the roses until Tuesday!!These were not root stock but potted plants with growth that needed water and sunlight. I was livid. I had to hang around outside all Tuesday until the B****y van turned up in the late afternoon.(no they couldn't give me a time) Needless to say my phone did not ring. I observed the driver get out and just touch the bell once and head straight back to the van. I yelled at him ,and he reluctantly came back. When I asked him why he had not complied with instructions and rung me he said and I quote. 'We are not obliged to ring clients'. I told him that information would be passed along to Mr Austin who must be a pretty big client of his company. Due to excellent packaging (double wrapped in huge cardboard boxes) the roses survived. The driver obviously couldn't give a monkeys.
Old May 5th 2016, 9:57 pm
Resident Cynic

Originally Posted by BillBullock
My Amazon delivery by SEUR went well. The tracking system was accurate and, on the due day, I received a telephone call 10 mins before the driver arrived in Moncarapacho, my nearest little town. That service was as good as UPS.

The same day I received an Amazon package via MRW. Now, they are the worst in my opinion as the driver was in the area the day before but failed to call me, taking my package back to the depot in Faro. I complained to Amazon and got my postage refunded again (the same thing happened 2 months ago).
Well, my Seur delivery got better and better. No attempt to deliver as promised on Monday. No attempt to deliver on Tuesday (the end-date for delivery - so I contacted Amazon again and they declared the delivery lost, refunded me and suggested I order again with free 1-day delivery. So I did so on Wednesday and UPS are supposed to deliver tomorrow. Then, this PM, Seur finally called out of the blue and delivered the original item to the local cafe as requested!!

So, now I have one delivered but refunded and another due for delivery tomorrow, P&P free!

However, I also have a larger order due for delivery on Monday and I don't know the carrier yet
Old May 6th 2016, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm now using GPS coordinates in my address; they have the gizmos in the vans but I don't know if the drivers are clever enough to use them.
I will keep the group informed.

There are 3 different formats for GPS coordinates...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.