ALENTEJO

Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:30 pm
sbt
Just Joined

sbt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ALENTEJO

How far is coastal Alentejo from Faro?
Can any expats living there give me any ideas on areas to look at for a view to retiring.
Many thanks
Old Jul 16th 2007, 9:15 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ALENTEJO

Well, that's a bit vague but for example..

Odemira on the Alentejo coast to Faro Airport is 148km, approx 1hr 47mins.

Have a look at this:

http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/viamich...ing_directions
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Sibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the rough

It depends where you want to be on the coast.

If you go along the motorway across the Algarve and then up the N120 past Aljezur, it takes about 1h10 to Aljezur and then another 20mins to cross the border into the Alentejo, then it depends where you are going. Not sure if going up the motorway through the Alentejo is any quicker as I have not tried it.

There are some lovely coastal towns up there such as Zambujeira and Vila Nova de Milfontes, it really depends on how close to the ocean you want.

Sarah
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:00 pm
Escaped to the Sun

Mattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really nice

We have always found Villa's in the Alentejo expensive 'v' Aljezur area. Did see a prog on TV with very cheap prices! We spent ages on the internet and only found expensive ones.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

dollydimple62 will become famous soon enough

We have bought a 6 bedroomed voila(with pool) in AVIS (Alentejo) we searched through remax.pt and found just what we wanted, a good price too (240000E)

We are now settled in at last and are amazed how freindly people are... just fantastic..we are learning the language slowley and went to our first BBQ with the locals last night, good fun it was too...

Nice to be back on this board I have missed the internet!

good luck when searching...

Dolly
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 1:28 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Dolly, that sounds fantastic!

Do you have any pictures for us?
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 5:00 pm
sbt
Just Joined

sbt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dollydimple62
We have bought a 6 bedroomed voila(with pool) in AVIS (Alentejo) we searched through remax.pt and found just what we wanted, a good price too (240000E)

We are now settled in at last and are amazed how freindly people are... just fantastic..we are learning the language slowley and went to our first BBQ with the locals last night, good fun it was too...

Nice to be back on this board I have missed the internet!

good luck when searching...

Dolly
Thats great Dolly have you retired out there?
Is Avis inland or on the coast?
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

dollydimple62 will become famous soon enough

Avis is inland... about 2 hours north of lisbon... it is lovley... not retired as I,m just 45 but we moved out to chill and get out of the rat race in the Uk...

Ill get some photos on for you guys...

Dolly
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 6:24 pm
Escaped to the Sun

Mattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really nice

Wow amazing! I always thought the Alentejo to be the bit up from the Algarve. I had no idea there was an Alto Alentejo that was inland and went way north up past Lisbon!

I guess if you have one of the High Tech internet jobs it does not matter where you live these days!