Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

A22 Toll Road 15th April

A22 Toll Road 15th April

Old Feb 12th 2011, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice
Default A22 Toll Road 15th April

So, they say its coming? and according to the report in the news, that a return trip from VRSA to Lagos will cost over €20??

Does anyone know any of the proposed pricing ????

Ie as we leave Spain and enter the Algarve, how much will it cost us to go to Faro????

Thanks
Old Feb 12th 2011, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

zanzina is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A22 Toll Road 15th April

Have heard it will be between 7 or 8 cents per km on the A22.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by zanzina
Have heard it will be between 7 or 8 cents per km on the A22.
How is it going to be charged? Also if you travel mostly on the N125 and then take the Espana road when you are almost at VRSA in order to get across to Ayamonte will you be charged? It is really going to hit those of us who go backwards and forwards across this short distance.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

TELL is an unknown quantity at this point

If you travel pass one of the toll posts then yes.
Logically there will be one on the bridge .
Old Feb 12th 2011, 9:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: A22 Toll Road 15th April

Originally Posted by TELL
If you travel pass one of the toll posts then yes.
Logically there will be one on the bridge .
The bridge is not part of the motorway system. You are allowed to cycle from the junction on the Ayamonte side to the Castro Marim side. I do not think the Bridge will be tolled the tolls will finish at the exit coming from Faro and start at the on slip to Faro.

I have read somewhere that the tolling will be automatic by reading a chip on the car. How they treat tourists and Spaniards who knows!
Old Feb 13th 2011, 5:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
How they treat tourists and Spaniards who knows!
Easy, we just give Portugal a miss
Old Feb 13th 2011, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

lennox is just really nicelennox is just really nicelennox is just really nicelennox is just really nicelennox is just really nicelennox is just really nicelennox is just really nicelennox is just really nice

Whilst I:thumbdown disagree with the A22 tolls, the majority of people on this site already have places or commitments in Portugal, so Freds comment is not very helpful.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: A22 Toll Road 15th April

Originally Posted by lennox
Whilst I:thumbdown disagree with the A22 tolls, the majority of people on this site already have places or commitments in Portugal, so Freds comment is not very helpful.
I think Fred is lucky that he has Malaga, Jerez and Gibralter airports available. We are less well provided for. Perhaps we should pushing for the new Huelva airport be it Lepe, Gibraleon or Cartaya!
Old Feb 13th 2011, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I think Fred is lucky that he has Malaga, Jerez and Gibralter airports available. We are less well provided for. Perhaps we should pushing for the new Huelva airport be it Lepe, Gibraleon or Cartaya!
Plus Seville

Maybe even Tangiers ( must investigate that )
Old Feb 13th 2011, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Titleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond repute

The bridge is not part of the motorway system. You are allowed to cycle from the junction on the Ayamonte side to the Castro Marim side. I do not think the Bridge will be tolled the tolls will finish at the exit coming from Faro and start at the on slip to Faro.

I have read somewhere that the tolling will be automatic by reading a chip on the car. How they treat tourists and Spaniards who knows!
I read that by july , we should all have our cars chipped ??????????????????
Ithink it was in the portugal news last month
Old Feb 14th 2011, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

Originally Posted by Titleist
Yep, thats where I read it....

I hope we can come over the bridge and off at VRSA with out charge....

Otherwise.....
Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:32 am
I.T Expert - Algarve

scott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by The Pope
Yep, thats where I read it....

I hope we can come over the bridge and off at VRSA with out charge....

Otherwise.....
I don't think they can charge for you to use a non-motorway road, apart from anything else, driving over that bridge is damaging enough for a car, let alone the pocket!!!!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:20 am
Just Joined

retiree-optimist is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Titleist
So it isn't clear what will happen if you rent a car? Even if its chipped how will the toll be paid??? Sounds very hit and miss at the moment. hope it becomes clearer soon cos we are over on the 10th...no toll......and fly back on 23rd....toll to be up and running!!!!!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

CHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to all
Cool Re: A22 Toll Road 15th April

The PT goverment spoke about chipping all cars a few years ago but at this time there has still not been a decision, members of AFPOP can get the latest on their website. One of the problems of chipping was where it would be done and who would pay for it, but living here for a few years I do not think it would be the goverment paying for it. Oh and as for the bridge that was retared last month
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scott909
I don't think they can charge for you to use a non-motorway road, apart from anything else, driving over that bridge is damaging enough for a car, let alone the pocket!!!!
They've resurfaced it thank god!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.