British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Portugal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/)
-   -   A22 Toll Road 15th April (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/a22-toll-road-15th-april-705093/)

The Pope Feb 12th 2011 8:11 am

A22 Toll Road 15th April

So, they say its coming? and according to the report in the news, that a return trip from VRSA to Lagos will cost over €20??

Does anyone know any of the proposed pricing ????

Ie as we leave Spain and enter the Algarve, how much will it cost us to go to Faro????

Thanks

zanzina Feb 12th 2011 12:53 pm

Re: A22 Toll Road 15th April

Have heard it will be between 7 or 8 cents per km on the A22.

CAROL ELIZABETH Feb 12th 2011 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by zanzina (Post 9171478)
Have heard it will be between 7 or 8 cents per km on the A22.

How is it going to be charged? Also if you travel mostly on the N125 and then take the Espana road when you are almost at VRSA in order to get across to Ayamonte will you be charged? It is really going to hit those of us who go backwards and forwards across this short distance.

TELL Feb 12th 2011 4:55 pm

If you travel pass one of the toll posts then yes.
Logically there will be one on the bridge .

EsuriJohn Feb 12th 2011 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by TELL (Post 9171786)
If you travel pass one of the toll posts then yes.
Logically there will be one on the bridge .

The bridge is not part of the motorway system. You are allowed to cycle from the junction on the Ayamonte side to the Castro Marim side. I do not think the Bridge will be tolled the tolls will finish at the exit coming from Faro and start at the on slip to Faro.

I have read somewhere that the tolling will be automatic by reading a chip on the car. How they treat tourists and Spaniards who knows!

Fredbargate Feb 13th 2011 5:14 am

Originally Posted by John & Kath (Post 9172078)
How they treat tourists and Spaniards who knows!

Easy, we just give Portugal a miss :eek:

lennox Feb 13th 2011 8:20 am

Whilst I:thumbdown disagree with the A22 tolls, the majority of people on this site already have places or commitments in Portugal, so Freds comment is not very helpful.:thumbdown:

EsuriJohn Feb 13th 2011 8:52 am

Originally Posted by lennox (Post 9172778)
Whilst I:thumbdown disagree with the A22 tolls, the majority of people on this site already have places or commitments in Portugal, so Freds comment is not very helpful.:thumbdown:

I think Fred is lucky that he has Malaga, Jerez and Gibralter airports available. We are less well provided for. Perhaps we should pushing for the new Huelva airport be it Lepe, Gibraleon or Cartaya!

Fredbargate Feb 13th 2011 9:54 am

Originally Posted by John & Kath (Post 9172831)
I think Fred is lucky that he has Malaga, Jerez and Gibralter airports available. We are less well provided for. Perhaps we should pushing for the new Huelva airport be it Lepe, Gibraleon or Cartaya!

Plus Seville :D

Maybe even Tangiers ( must investigate that )

Titleist Feb 13th 2011 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by John & Kath (Post 9172078)
The bridge is not part of the motorway system. You are allowed to cycle from the junction on the Ayamonte side to the Castro Marim side. I do not think the Bridge will be tolled the tolls will finish at the exit coming from Faro and start at the on slip to Faro.

I have read somewhere that the tolling will be automatic by reading a chip on the car. How they treat tourists and Spaniards who knows!

I read that by july , we should all have our cars chipped ??????????????????
Ithink it was in the portugal news last month :confused:

The Pope Feb 14th 2011 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Titleist (Post 9173524)

Yep, thats where I read it....

I hope we can come over the bridge and off at VRSA with out charge....

Otherwise..... :thumbdown:

scott909 Feb 14th 2011 8:32 am

Originally Posted by The Pope (Post 9174751)
Yep, thats where I read it....

I hope we can come over the bridge and off at VRSA with out charge....

Otherwise..... :thumbdown:

I don't think they can charge for you to use a non-motorway road, apart from anything else, driving over that bridge is damaging enough for a car, let alone the pocket!!!! :rofl:

retiree-optimist Feb 14th 2011 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Titleist (Post 9173524)

So it isn't clear what will happen if you rent a car? Even if its chipped how will the toll be paid??? Sounds very hit and miss at the moment. hope it becomes clearer soon cos we are over on the 10th...no toll......and fly back on 23rd....toll to be up and running!!!!! :confused:

CHOPPER Feb 14th 2011 10:16 am

The PT goverment spoke about chipping all cars a few years ago but at this time there has still not been a decision, members of AFPOP can get the latest on their website. One of the problems of chipping was where it would be done and who would pay for it, but living here for a few years I do not think it would be the goverment paying for it. Oh and as for the bridge that was retared last month

The Pope Feb 14th 2011 10:38 am

Originally Posted by scott909 (Post 9174857)
I don't think they can charge for you to use a non-motorway road, apart from anything else, driving over that bridge is damaging enough for a car, let alone the pocket!!!! :rofl:

They've resurfaced it thank god!