WAPOL

Old Jan 1st 2015, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

Hickster has a reputation beyond reputeHickster has a reputation beyond reputeHickster has a reputation beyond reputeHickster has a reputation beyond reputeHickster has a reputation beyond reputeHickster has a reputation beyond reputeHickster has a reputation beyond reputeHickster has a reputation beyond reputeHickster has a reputation beyond reputeHickster has a reputation beyond reputeHickster has a reputation beyond repute
Default WAPOL

Hi everyone and Happy New Year to you all. I'm new to this site and this is my first post.

Apology in advance.....I turned 48yrs old November 2014, and I have been thinking of applying when the next round of recruitment is advertised. Are there any older folk that have joined WAPOL and how tuff did you find it.

I've been an officer for only 6yrs and still in fairly good shape at this old age for a late starter in the police, and nothing that hitting the gym would not cure. i've been single for a while now and the thought of applying has been in my head for some time now.

I'm under no illusion that should I be successful in a further recruitment process, that at my age I would struggle more than younger officers.

Any advise on how tuff it is in Aus, resettling at this time of life and any other info anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 1st 2015, 11:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WAPOL

Hi Hickster and Welcome to BE.

You may also want to post your query in this forum:

Police - British Expats

Or I can move it to there for you. You may get better responses there.

Old Jan 2nd 2015, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Hickster has a reputation beyond reputeHickster has a reputation beyond reputeHickster has a reputation beyond reputeHickster has a reputation beyond reputeHickster has a reputation beyond reputeHickster has a reputation beyond reputeHickster has a reputation beyond reputeHickster has a reputation beyond reputeHickster has a reputation beyond reputeHickster has a reputation beyond reputeHickster has a reputation beyond repute

If you could move it that would be great, while I try and fight my way round this sight. Thanks for the welcome.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 4:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hickster
If you could move it that would be great, while I try and fight my way round this sight. Thanks for the welcome.
Sorted

Welcome to BE, there's often a few WAPOL people checking in to this section
Old Mar 18th 2015, 1:00 am
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Hickster

Don't check in here often, but just seen your post. I came over in March 2014, having served 16 years in the UK and at 42 was the oldie of the bunch (there were a couple of us).

The academy was three months, no fitness except the beep test to make sure we could still do that. Otherwise, it was classroom, 3 weeks firearms training, 2 weeks driver training, and then on to the not so mean streets of WA. As you'd expect, we all came away feeling less than prepared, but once you're on the streets, it all starts to fit into place.

So far, all good. Really enjoying it here and we've settled well. If you need anything else, ask away.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 12:40 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Don't worry about age. I went through the process at 45. Not a problem There are no beastings for Trannies; unlike the 'poor' Recruit intakes. If you're fit enough to pass the PPE you'll survive the academy.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply, its reassuring what you say. Just keeping eyes peeled for next round of recruitment. How did you find the entrance tests, were they on par with the examples on the site or completely different in terms of difficulty?
Old Mar 19th 2015, 1:11 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

They've changed, apparently, from when I did them. Easier from what I've been told. Someone else who's done it recently will probably be able to tell you, but the ones I did in 2013 were not that difficult.