British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   WAPOL (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/wapol-849792/)

Hickster Jan 1st 2015 9:06 pm

WAPOL

Hi everyone and Happy New Year to you all. I'm new to this site and this is my first post.

Apology in advance.....I turned 48yrs old November 2014, and I have been thinking of applying when the next round of recruitment is advertised. Are there any older folk that have joined WAPOL and how tuff did you find it.

I've been an officer for only 6yrs and still in fairly good shape at this old age for a late starter in the police, and nothing that hitting the gym would not cure. i've been single for a while now and the thought of applying has been in my head for some time now.

I'm under no illusion that should I be successful in a further recruitment process, that at my age I would struggle more than younger officers.

Any advise on how tuff it is in Aus, resettling at this time of life and any other info anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Alfresco Jan 1st 2015 11:57 pm

Re: WAPOL

Hi Hickster and Welcome to BE.

You may also want to post your query in this forum:

Police - British Expats

Or I can move it to there for you. You may get better responses there.

:)

Hickster Jan 2nd 2015 4:05 pm

If you could move it that would be great, while I try and fight my way round this sight. Thanks for the welcome.

Pollyana Jan 2nd 2015 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Hickster (Post 11519581)
If you could move it that would be great, while I try and fight my way round this sight. Thanks for the welcome.

Sorted :)

Welcome to BE, there's often a few WAPOL people checking in to this section :thumbup:

gregster10217 Mar 18th 2015 1:00 am

Hi Hickster

Don't check in here often, but just seen your post. I came over in March 2014, having served 16 years in the UK and at 42 was the oldie of the bunch (there were a couple of us).

The academy was three months, no fitness except the beep test to make sure we could still do that. Otherwise, it was classroom, 3 weeks firearms training, 2 weeks driver training, and then on to the not so mean streets of WA. As you'd expect, we all came away feeling less than prepared, but once you're on the streets, it all starts to fit into place.

So far, all good. Really enjoying it here and we've settled well. If you need anything else, ask away.

Pincher Mar 18th 2015 12:40 pm

Don't worry about age. I went through the process at 45. Not a problem There are no beastings for Trannies; unlike the 'poor' Recruit intakes. If you're fit enough to pass the PPE you'll survive the academy.

Hickster Mar 18th 2015 7:09 pm

Thanks for the reply, its reassuring what you say. Just keeping eyes peeled for next round of recruitment. How did you find the entrance tests, were they on par with the examples on the site or completely different in terms of difficulty?

gregster10217 Mar 19th 2015 1:11 pm

They've changed, apparently, from when I did them. Easier from what I've been told. Someone else who's done it recently will probably be able to tell you, but the ones I did in 2013 were not that difficult.