visas

Old Aug 22nd 2012, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

piero is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: visas

hi blackbear if you have time you can get a 59 day visa from the consulate in London. if you are too far away it can be done by post. a friend of mine did it within the last year and the cost around 21 pounds much the same i paid 20 years ago. that will get you started
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

blackbear1137 is an unknown quantity at this point

i thought you could get it from the airport when you arriove??? im hopeing to fly out on the 31st aug
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

No you will get 21 days. It is easy to extend. Most travel agencies will handle the process.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

well you can get it at the airport. just before passport control on the left is an office which i have seen but another friend is just online in UK who i think did get his 59 day there , i will ask
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

this i have read about before and i think the only problem is if the cashier has left for the night. just trying to get the cost now
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

OK best i can get is between 2 to 3000 peso
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

oh and you only need your passport
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

so what airline will you use and what time will you arrive
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

OK the office is just before passport control open till late so do not get your passport stamped first, it should be less than $50 and take around half hour and you then have 59 day visa. if you cant pay in $ then maybe you can go to money changer just before airport exit and get change, maybe. this is not something i have done but i think possible
Old Aug 24th 2012, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Ok if you miss that then you will need an extension which will be 38 days on top of your 21 day there after i think you can get 59 days. you need someone to tell you how to do this as i,m getting out of my depth now. but as i understand it you can extend for 16 months beyond that you may get couple more months if approved by immigration in Manila. but in time you must leave if only to HK but some people do stay for years this way
Old Aug 24th 2012, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

thanks piero,my only problem now is the money from the house sale , will be paid into my santander account, we thougt it would be easy for them to tranfer it all ,to my gf s account, but we tried a small amount today, five times! they cant do it! we have the swift code, account no, and something calles router no.!.... no good grrrrrrrrrrrrr ill be there, and my money will be in uk!help!! ill have internet banking but no account there looks, like i miught be staying in uk for a short whle !!!!santander said they would be ok to transfer it all ... but looks like they cant....................
Old Aug 25th 2012, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Okay BlackBear, now remember we are talking large sums of money here. Your money so take care with any advice given, including mine. Others will help you in this respect I am sure, and they will give good reasons as to why they chose their preferred method, and one bank over another.
Now with Santander I think that you have been talking to your local branch, and not the Foreign Exchange Branch. Your local branch staff would most probably know more about growing bananas than cable/wire transfers.

My advice; and others will follow with equal good advice.

In Rochester Row London, close to Victoria Station. Is the head office of Allied Banking Corporation (ABC) in UK. Now if you take your ID's including passport, they can open an account for you in Philippines. Warning they will take both your thumb prints as standard procedure.
Now if you get a Banker's Draft from Santander, and take it to Rochester Row, they will phone and confirm authenticity with Santander, and then remit the money to your chosen branch. It takes four working days maximum to arrive.
I would suggest that you phone ABC for more up to date details, and recommendations.
HSBC have few branches so it may not be convenient.
BDO (Banco D' Oro) have several branches, and if you have an account with an SM branch, you have seven days a week banking.
ABC are everywhere.

ABC are MY preferred remitters, but others may have alternatives.

First though I would try the office for overseas remittances at Santander. Try doing it over the phone, obviously they will ask you several security questions to ensure your identity.

I hope that all goes well for you. ABC London are usually open Saturday Mornings, or used to be.
Old Aug 25th 2012, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

THANKS TROPIC .ILL DO THT ON SATURDAY ,YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER !!! THANKS A MILLION !!!! ABC IT IS PHEWWWWWWWWWWW CLOSE SHAVE AND ITS BETTER FOR ME AS WELL COS ILL HAVE AN ACCOUT TO DO THE SRRV .WHEN I NEED TOO .......
Old Aug 25th 2012, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

i have anothr way i think?? post office ..they offer fee free transfers ... look on the web site mmmmmmm think of this it can be done online ?? looks good just jhas to be in uk time but im only going to transfer it once>>>>>>>
Old Aug 25th 2012, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

i must admit the tought of going out with my oen acount feels better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.