Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Far East and Asia / Philippines

Old Jul 31st 2017, 12:08 pm   #61
BE Enthusiast

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SRRV Retirement Visa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokkevn View Post
Just an update, additional 3 hours in new bank, 41 signatures and 43 pieces of paper, then they got it wrong so had to return for another hour. Closing the old savings account was nearly 2 hours as no one could find the code which allowed them to close an account, plus another 8 pieces of paper and 11 signatures.

So to move 1 bank account and close a savings account it took 11 hours, 164 pieces of paper and 109 signatures. I love it when things go smoothly.
Hs to be said I am pleased I moved over to the 13a visa, transferred my deposit back to the UK. My concerns have changed since my SRRV days number 1 being that my wife and children cab get to my funds in event of death. The BIR and banks hold the process up for years and then charge a ransom to get it released with attorney bills added in.

Now that will not happen, UK probate with 'wills' is easy enough and no IHT between husband and wife.

SRRV(the old one that cost 320 pesos pa to renew) is a good visa for those who do not have to have family considerations and save money on airport exit fees.
mikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st 2017, 6:05 pm   #62
Forum Regular

ssoomro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SRRV Retirement Visa

ladies and Gents... can someone please direct me to a thread on this forum discussion value proposition of getting an SRRV vs sticking to a renewable tourist visa.. especially if your long term goals are not philipines oriented ?

Thanks in advance,
S.
ssoomro is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Far East and Asia / Philippines