Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

SRRV Application - HM Forces Pension Evidence

SRRV Application - HM Forces Pension Evidence

Old Aug 31st 2016, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Borrocks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SRRV Application - HM Forces Pension Evidence

Hi all - I am after some advice on what is acceptable for a pension certificate for the SRRV process.

I receive a UK forces pension and have a letter from Equiniti PAYMASTER stating my pension has risen on my 55th birthday and stating the new yearly amount. This is a typical mass produced letter which I assume all ex forces personnel in receipt of a pension get at 55.

Does anybody know if this is sufficient proof of the pension or are they after something else. I do not recall ever receiving a pension certificate. I also have the Equinti P60 but this doesn't cover a full year cost as it increased mid year.

I've just discovered that I need to get a Notary to sign it, then get the FCO to legalise it prior to getting the Philippine Embassy in London to stamp it, prior to submitting it to the PRA and I do not want to submit the wrong document as it costs per single document.

I would appreciate any advice from others who have been through this process.

Thanks, Bob
Old Aug 31st 2016, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SRRV Application - HM Forces Pension Evidence

Not too sure where you are based in the UK, but just before we moved back to the Philippines ( 2009 ) the Philippine Embassy were doing a Round the UK trip and when they visited Edinburgh we got all our paperwork sorted out in about 4 hours ( including wife's re-acquisition of Philippine citizenship ). Ever so helpful with processing and advise on paperwork requirements here. They even got some paperwork confirmed original and as certified true copies all at no cost.

As for PRA requirements, best to phone them up as they are notoriously bad at replying to texts or emails. When you do speak to them your first question should be is "What is your name and how do you spell it" that normally ensures that they will reply
Old Aug 31st 2016, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Borrocks is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Stokkevn - thanks for your response. I work in London so I'm thinking of going to the Embassy with my document to see if this is acceptable but was hoping from advice from other ex forces pensioners who must have had the same issues I am facing re pension certificate - hopefully it's just terminology. I hope you're enjoying your life there. I am at the PRA in Manila on 15 Sep and was hoping to have all documentation
with me but I think it won't be possible now.
Old Aug 31st 2016, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Borrocks
Hi Stokkevn - thanks for your response. I work in London so I'm thinking of going to the Embassy with my document to see if this is acceptable but was hoping from advice from other ex forces pensioners who must have had the same issues I am facing re pension certificate - hopefully it's just terminology. I hope you're enjoying your life there. I am at the PRA in Manila on 15 Sep and was hoping to have all documentation
Best get down to the Ph embassy ASAP in London, they will give you the latest requirements, try and get a letter stating the requirements.
Old Sep 1st 2016, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Borrocks
When we applied for our SRRV I just submitted the original of the last annual letter showing next years pension, had it certified as true copy by my UK solicitor - who is also a notary - but did not need to have it legalised. I did have to have apostiles for my police certificate and marriage certificate.
We applied here in Cebu and the PRA were , and are, extremely helpful.
For pensions, it asks only for proof of pension minimum of $800 for single person, $1000 for couple. As you are going to the embassy, as Stokkevn says , ask them and get it in writing! good luck.