Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

moving to the philippines "2"

moving to the philippines "2"

Old Aug 19th 2012, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

blackbear1137 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to the philippines "2"

thanks ,good advice ,annas step fathers a foreginer, and i thnk hes just a bit older than me!!!anna realises its not a bottom less pit of money ,i asked her about a holiday on boracry, her answer was "when weve made enough maney to pay for it not touching your money well think about it " which is beetter scence than me!!! and also the stepfather will help us with the renovation work to the house so im happy with that and the hose i had to ask her again to make sure i was right ..£2400.!!!!!!
with electric water .needs our style on it so say £4000 all together for "our" house
Old Aug 19th 2012, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

You must be lucky as generally it is every Filipinos dream to visit Boracay for a holiday!!
While a great deal of expats have issues supporting extended families it is not always the case. Certainlyit is true amongst the poor but not so if you settle with a middle-class girl whose family are self-sufficient.
4000 is that just for the renovations?
Old Aug 19th 2012, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

no, it includins the price of the house £4000 total ..
Old Aug 19th 2012, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

oh and we options on other houses, but well wait and see how this one goes first ,and anna has her own buisness ,she makes $700 to $1200 per mth on her own account"!!!and she lives very simply and sends some to her mum and helps her sister thru school.and when sister is more confident were thinking of internet cafe ,with scanner and games we live near to a school,ice creams ,etc her idea!!
Old Aug 19th 2012, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

What size lot is the house on? It seems very cheap? Once a house is bought and paid for you can live on a $1000 per month if you live a simple life.
Good luck keep us all updated on your progress.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

im not sure of the size its an ex government house built for govt workers its flood free ,wasnt affected by recent floods in the aera ill find out how big from anna not massive but as you say simple life ,dont need extravaginces had all that here dosent make for happiness,you spend most of your time working to pay for it !!! and uk now is so competative for "whos got what" heard to guys chatting in the pub, withn a short timr one asks the "so what r u driving now??" what kind of question is that!!!!how rich are you then ???would be more like it. i want to get out of here asap.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

googly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blackbear1137
oh and we options on other houses, but well wait and see how this one goes first ,and anna has her own buisness ,she makes $700 to $1200 per mth on her own account"!!!and she lives very simply and sends some to her mum and helps her sister thru school.and when sister is more confident were thinking of internet cafe ,with scanner and games we live near to a school,ice creams ,etc her idea!!
Blackbear,
Why does your girlfriend money to her mum if her stepfather is foreigner? Just curious.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Boracay is where I took my wife for a short honeymoon break.

Anna sounds sensible, and down to earth, like my wife. However you will find that you need more than one set of curtains for instance.

I would recommend that you take or send, some electrical junction boxes with you, for the house renovation, and a bathroom pull cord switch. In places like ACE Hardware (SM) you will find universal power points, that take an English plug. They are around P230 for a double, no switch of course.

If I was building this house again, I would have a secondary 12v circuit for lighting, with 12v lights, running off a car battery, that you would keep charged.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

its her way to contribute to the family ,they have a differant outlook, support eachother not rely on those how could leave at any given time .elctrics .yes good idea i just fin 2 weeks work for an electrical company !!!! could have got what i wanted oh well ill do it yes
Old Aug 19th 2012, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

OK. got the spec on the house.its two houses that can be made into one big one if we wish! 30 square mtrs each , 60 square mts total,able to build second or third leval after 5 years .electric and water, near to the highway and near a school. so we can have hard line put in for internet , 300,000,pesoes!
Old Aug 19th 2012, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Roughly £4800, make sure the seller pays for the transfer of title, there is land tax etc involved, also register it upon purchase. That stakes your claim to title. If anyone else tries to register, you will be informed immediately of the fact.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for the heads up !! tropic, ill take all that on board i think anna will deal with it as well , shes got her head screwed on but ill tell her to make sue we do all that.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

60m2 is a bit small. Just make sure you do your homework before parting with any cash!
Old Aug 20th 2012, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

yes of corse ,i will my friend ,there are other options ,more to look at ,position is prime though for our buisness ,and being able to build another level or 2.anna has another house for me too see ,all done no work to be done on it,clean papres, we are able to have another floor built as soon as we want ,near to collage .and main highway .but more money 350,000 pesoes. any way looks like ill be there 2nd sept !!!!!!!! excited!!!! ill have a look my self....
Old Aug 20th 2012, 8:55 am
Just Joined

bri landy guy is an unknown quantity at this point

im married to a filipino and have had no problems at all with family asking for cash. i have give money when i have wanted to help her mother out.

i find all my wife friends and family are the best people i've ever met in my life, small things make them happy.

im happy couldn't ask for anything else in my life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.