I hope...

Old Jul 27th 2012, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute
Default I hope...

...this will be my last winter in this country. I am tired of paying huge amounts of money for a garden shed. I don't know why some landlords don't realize that "we" are not cattle.
I am also tired of the less than ambitious work attitude here. The few Kiwis that I have met that really are keen on doing a good job leave this country. Not that I am the big career woman, but I still like to do a good job.
I am also frustrated that all the people that I met that I think I could be friends with are leaving! First my French co-worker, then a nice Kiwi-Norwegian couple, my German friend will leave as soon as her husband reaches retirement age...well, I will leave before her
I also do not get the average Kiwis or, maybe, they don't get me. To me they are not interesting and not interested as my Kiwi friend so aptly put it.

Anyhow, what I wanted to say is that the positive things in this country (nicer weather, more space, less people, beautiful beaches, great nature and outdoors) do not compensate for the negative ones...for me personally. After 1 and half years in Auckland I am looking forward to moving back right into the Euro crisis and my first visit will be to lovely England...a country that I always liked a lot (me = German). I will enjoy British humor and hospitality, great culture and nightlife, grand cities, interesting history, fantastic art, good shopping, the beautiful British country side and the beaches, even British beer
Old Jul 28th 2012, 12:11 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I hope...

Good luck on your move back to Europe. This little corner of the world is not for everyone, some love it, some hate it and some can't decide. At least you can say, you gave it a go and had an adventure!
Old Jul 28th 2012, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Location: London temporarily, Auckland...bah, who knows, maybe never
Bev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really nice

I've spent time in Germany and I've always thought it's an easy country for a Brit to live in as there's a lot of similarities between the 2 nations and their outlooks and attitudes. The reverse seems to hold true as the Germans that I know in the UK enjoy it and seem to assimilate easily.

You've tried NZ and can go back knowing you've seen a bit more of the world. Good luck with your return - do you plan to settle in the UK next or Germany?
Old Jul 30th 2012, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light

Hope you find your happy place
Old Jul 30th 2012, 1:21 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Bev MK
I've spent time in Germany and I've always thought it's an easy country for a Brit to live in as there's a lot of similarities between the 2 nations and their outlooks and attitudes. The reverse seems to hold true as the Germans that I know in the UK enjoy it and seem to assimilate easily.
Same as those that I know.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Assanah
...this will be my last winter in this country. I am tired of paying huge amounts of money for a garden shed. I don't know why some landlords don't realize that "we" are not cattle.
I am also tired of the less than ambitious work attitude here. The few Kiwis that I have met that really are keen on doing a good job leave this country. Not that I am the big career woman, but I still like to do a good job.
I am also frustrated that all the people that I met that I think I could be friends with are leaving! First my French co-worker, then a nice Kiwi-Norwegian couple, my German friend will leave as soon as her husband reaches retirement age...well, I will leave before her
I also do not get the average Kiwis or, maybe, they don't get me. To me they are not interesting and not interested as my Kiwi friend so aptly put it.

Anyhow, what I wanted to say is that the positive things in this country (nicer weather, more space, less people, beautiful beaches, great nature and outdoors) do not compensate for the negative ones...for me personally. After 1 and half years in Auckland I am looking forward to moving back right into the Euro crisis and my first visit will be to lovely England...a country that I always liked a lot (me = German). I will enjoy British humor and hospitality, great culture and nightlife, grand cities, interesting history, fantastic art, good shopping, the beautiful British country side and the beaches, even British beer
I do get where you are coming from. I hope you get to go home soon. I've always thought I could live in Germany, especially in the southern region, around Munich or in the Pfalz region. I love the German people & have a couple of German friends in Auckland. Best of luck Assanah
Old Jul 31st 2012, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

lovely England...a country that I always liked a lot (me = German)

No i refuse to type what i thought of ........ id get the post pulled and tons of flack for it
Old Aug 16th 2012, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bev MK

You've tried NZ and can go back knowing you've seen a bit more of the world. Good luck with your return - do you plan to settle in the UK next or Germany?
Yes, I tried NZ and I go home having learnt a lot. Especially I have made peace with Europe and the world. I now know there is no escaping life, problems, environmental degradation, human misery etc. pp. Not even in beautiful, remote NZ. I also appreciate my family and friends much more. I will surely take care of my relationships with them when I am back and not think that there is something better somewhere else.
I am not sure where we will settle. We will apply for jobs in both countries. I agree it is relatively easy for Germans to settle in the UK. I think there are a lot of similarities, even though Germans are much more direct and "rude"...haha.