18 month update

Old Dec 13th 2014, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default 18 month update

Have planned for so long what I would write in my update, getting the LTBV, finally moving to NZ, buying a house in the Far North, getting a teaching job and oh joy of joys, getting residency!
Each step has been flipping hard, many of you will know the trials along the way and I thank you for your kindness and advice. I've shed many tears - mostly in private - but I wouldn't change the outcome.
We have a great house, I adore my job, son doing brilliantly at High School (year 12 next year), daughter off to Otago Uni in February.
OK, so I would love to move to a lifestyle block, but as DD can't get a student loan I have a few years to wait, note to self - stop looking on Trade-Me.
We've had so many visitors too! Dad is due here on Tuesday for a couple of months. Can't think of a single reason to go back to England.
It's not England, why do so many people expect it to be the same??? We love it we're staying.
Anyone want to buy a business and relocate to the Bay of Islands?
Old Dec 14th 2014, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 18 month update

Old Dec 14th 2014, 3:54 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Good update BUT this also needs to be an announcement in the main NZ forum as it is such excellent news.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS

Good update BUT this also needs to be an announcement in the main NZ forum as it is such excellent news.
Haha, BEVS, wouldn't know what to say in the main forum!
Old Dec 17th 2014, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Well done on everything and congratulations on your residency. Doesn't seem that long ago we were exchanging private messages both desperately trying to get here.
We also love it, despite some hard times, bought a house here, kids doing ok, in laws arrive next month, and no plans to go back to uk, not even for holiday.
Just accepted offer on our uk house, what a c**p system compared to here! about to resign from job back in uk and apply for residency in April
If you ever fancy a break in wellington just shout, would love to meet. Hubby was up your way last week for work and said it was beautiful
Take care xx
Old Dec 17th 2014, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moonie2011
Well done on everything and congratulations on your residency. Doesn't seem that long ago we were exchanging private messages both desperately trying to get here.
We also love it, despite some hard times, bought a house here, kids doing ok, in laws arrive next month, and no plans to go back to uk, not even for holiday.
Just accepted offer on our uk house, what a c**p system compared to here! about to resign from job back in uk and apply for residency in April
If you ever fancy a break in wellington just shout, would love to meet. Hubby was up your way last week for work and said it was beautiful
Take care xx
He should have come to stay! We usually have room.
Dad here now, just joined him up to the gym we go to, at 82 he likes to keep active.
Funny how each step is so painful to do but then blurs - I liken it to childbirth!!
Now we have residency life is far less stressful, good luck with yours
Keep in touch and thanks for the invite xx
Old Dec 17th 2014, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Dad here now, just joined him up to the gym we go to, at 82 he likes to keep active.
Were I to make it to be an octogenarian I hope I'm as keen on keeping active as your Dad.

Excellent update, glad to life is sweet.

Not sure about the childbirth analogy though

Old Dec 18th 2014, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TommyLuck

Not sure about the childbirth analogy though

Haha, ok...it's like getting a tattoo - painful at the time but worth it in the end!!