practicing in BC Canda

Old May 21st 2014, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

veronicaq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default practicing in BC Canda

I got may registration with CRPNBC I got non practicing registration and they said I can't get practicing registration as I am not practicing in BC

They don't support international nurses just get the money for registration every year.

how can work if i don't have practicing registration?

WHAT ARE THE RIGHT STEPS TO PRACTICING IN BC AS I AM NOT CANADIAN RESIDENT?

PLEASE I NEED HELP AS I PAYED REGISTRATION FOR 4 YEARS WITHOUT ANY ACHIEVEMENT.

VERY FRUSTRATED!
Old May 21st 2014, 7:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: practicing in BC Canda

You need a visa to be able to work in Canada, why did you apply for nursing registration if you don't have one?

Anyway, your 'next step' is to get yourself a visa, there's nothing else you can do without the right to live and work in Canada.
Old May 21st 2014, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

how British nurses got the practicing licence and got a job without PR and Filipino nurses after doing 250 hours of practice? than they apply for PR.

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You need a visa to be able to work in Canada, why did you apply for nursing registration if you don't have one?

Anyway, your 'next step' is to get yourself a visa, there's nothing else you can do without the right to live and work in Canada.
Old May 21st 2014, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Many International nurses do not get an active license until in the country and provide proof of legal residency. Unfortunately you didn't activate your PR so have to start all over with either PR or find employer willing to go the Temp Work Permit route as that also provides right to live and work
Old May 21st 2014, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

thank u for your advice, when I sat the exam they said that I can get a work without PR. do u think is worth to apply for TWP ? if I don't get a job offer?
what you will do if you will be in my situation? some of British nurses got the job offer before getting the registration. Is so difficult without knowing the immigration legislation in Canada. getting PR is a long expensive process, oh my God! u never know if you get it!

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Many International nurses do not get an active license until in the country and provide proof of legal residency. Unfortunately you didn't activate your PR so have to start all over with either PR or find employer willing to go the Temp Work Permit route as that also provides right to live and work
Old May 22nd 2014, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by veronicaq
thank u for your advice, when I sat the exam they said that I can get a work without PR. do u think is worth to apply for TWP ? if I don't get a job offer?
what you will do if you will be in my situation? some of British nurses got the job offer before getting the registration. Is so difficult without knowing the immigration legislation in Canada. getting PR is a long expensive process, oh my God! u never know if you get it!
TWP is employer driven and a LMO is required. I am surprised with you saying some British nurses get job before registration as all jobs I see advertised state either passed CRNE or at least have eligibility to sit CRNE
Old May 22nd 2014, 12:37 am
Just Joined

yes, some got jobs on interim permit, I read on nurses forum. was before 2011 when I got my registration. after years the immigration is getting harder.

I am terrified just thinking that I never get a chance to work in Canada after I struggled to get a registration. is very sad! behind the messages are people with hopes and broken dreams. but nobody cares about this. just blaming why i don't get PR before like this is a simple buying a flight ticket........

aid that I can get a work without PR. do u think is worth to apply for TWP ? if I don't get a job offer?
what you will do if you will be in my situation? some of British nurses got the job offer before getting the registration. Is so difficult without knowing the immigration legislation in Canada. getting PR is a long expensive process, oh my God! u never know if you get it![/QUOTE]
Old May 22nd 2014, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Interim permits are offered only once registration requirements are met and person is waiting to sit exam. Registered nurses went back on the list this year so you may have a chance of getting skilled workers PR but suggest reading the Canadian immigration forum where there are threads discussing the list and also a thread discussing current skilled list and how many visas have been allocated under each category
Old May 22nd 2014, 9:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by veronicaq
just blaming why i don't get PR before like this is a simple buying a flight ticket........
Nobody said it was as simple as buying a plane ticket, but the point is that you need a visa to live and work in Canada, you can't skip that step! Moaning about it won't change anything, if you'd applied for PR 2 years ago when you first joined the forum, you'd have it now.

If you think that applying for PR is too much hassle, then flying over to job hunt and trying to convince an employer to go through the paperwork/cost of hiring you (particularly as your English isn't great tbh), is likely to be far more stressful and far more hassle too!

Getting PR is a long and expensive process, of course, but a TWP and LMO will be as well, and even if you do go over on a TWP you'd still need to apply for PR if you want to stay permanently anyway. So why not just apply for PR now instead, and get it underway, then you at least know you will be able to live and work in Canada at some point in the next 18 months or so.

Just don't delay though, as no doubt the nursing NOC's will fill very quickly for FSW, so you'll need to get an application in asap.

HTH, good luck.