ok...where are all the nurses?

Old May 2nd 2006, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

nursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant future
Default Re: ok...where are all the nurses?

Hi all...i am still around too...like most still waiting

still check out site but with little to say...everything with DIMIA and can't do much about it

Appreciate the blues and questions you are feeling Mrs TFW...kinda been like that myself...so much want to go to get on with the adventure...then get a lump in me throat thinkin won't see family/friends...or panic about what were are doing going the other side of world where we know no one and nout about Oz life....think this has been the hardest month since me and hubby started process

so take care all...keep posting threads...may not have much to say but really appreciate reading
Old May 2nd 2006, 12:06 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: ok...where are all the nurses?

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Claire, we are looking at Brissy and sunshine coast, looks gorgeous. I've emailed some of the hospitals my CV and they get back intouch straight away and asked me to come and visit when I go out later this year for a reccie.

Remind me what area of nursing are you in? Who knows maybe we can meet up in Brissy sometime! I think I will have more friends in Oz than I do in Uk at this rate!

jackie x
Hi jackie, I'm a paeds nurse and have been looking at the Mater in brisbane and Nambour General on the sunshine coast, havent got email addresses for the Nambour hospital yet, but the Mater looks like a good hospital. I'm a neonatal nurse just now but fancy a wee change. Are you general and where have you applied to?

A wee meet up would be great once we are in Oz, the more the merrier!
Clairex
Old May 2nd 2006, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Im still here

In Mornington, happy with my work, just wish we could find the right house to buy!
Old May 2nd 2006, 12:45 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by belleandscone
Hi jackie, I'm a paeds nurse and have been looking at the Mater in brisbane and Nambour General on the sunshine coast, havent got email addresses for the Nambour hospital yet, but the Mater looks like a good hospital. I'm a neonatal nurse just now but fancy a wee change. Are you general and where have you applied to?

Clairex

oooh, get in touch with debbiemc....shes a peads nurse and im sure its the mater where shes got a job!
Old May 2nd 2006, 12:46 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulb
Im still here

In Mornington, happy with my work, just wish we could find the right house to buy!
tell us more!!!
Old May 2nd 2006, 12:54 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
oooh, get in touch with debbiemc....shes a peads nurse and im sure its the mater where shes got a job!
Thank you for that, I'll PM her, the mater seems like the best bet - would really love to go to the sunshine coast but employment for hubby might be a problem, he currently works for TNT as a driver (class 2), if anyone can give any suggestions about this kind of job it would be greatly appreciated as there is no way on gods green earth that he is getting to sun himself in Oz while I work my ass off !!!

Tried seek.com but there doesnt seem to be much.
Clairex
Old May 2nd 2006, 1:09 pm

Thank you for that, I'll PM her, the mater seems like the best bet - would really love to go to the sunshine coast but employment for hubby might be a problem, he currently works for TNT as a driver (class 2), if anyone can give any suggestions about this kind of job it would be greatly appreciated as there is no way on gods green earth that he is getting to sun himself in Oz while I work my ass off !!!

Tried seek.com but there doesnt seem to be much.
Clairex
has he looked at the websites of all the international companies? UPS and fedex are ones that spring to mind.
most global companies have sites, and im sure will have a vacancies section...failing that, he could always ring them once you are out there.
Old May 2nd 2006, 2:03 pm
In my own little world!

has he looked at the websites of all the international companies? UPS and fedex are ones that spring to mind.
most global companies have sites, and im sure will have a vacancies section...failing that, he could always ring them once you are out there.
Thanks again, will give it a bash. The sunshine coast just looks gorgeous. We are planning a reccie for Feb/March next year hopefully, can't wait.
Clairex
Old May 2nd 2006, 4:34 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Clairex
Claire, I am currently working in adult general HDU, have years of experience of cardiac HDU too. I've sent my CV to Princess Alexandra, Prince Charles, Royal Brisbane and Greenslopes so far. Looking at further up the coast as well...redcliffe. caloundra and nambour too. Not sure if I fancy a nice little job in day surgery or something like that......then again I don't want to be bored! Yes - I think we should have one hell of a meet when we get to Oz! I can't wait!

jackie x
Old May 2nd 2006, 4:50 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Paulb do tell us what you have been up to. I love to hear what people have been up to in Oz, even if it seems trivial to you....it will be really interesting for me....honestly. what kind of house are you looking for? I love looking at the real estate websites dreaming of my ideal home. ho hum!

jackie
Old May 2nd 2006, 4:52 pm
Living the Dream!

yes, it has gone quiet.......i think the reason is cos there are only us dozen or so nurses left in the uk - the rest are already in aus/usa!!!!

hi jackie, sorry to hear you are down...can be a bit of a bugger, i know. im peed off cos i cant make any progress with mals tra - got stuck on a question, and the only forum advice im getting is ''if your stuck, get agent'' - dont want to spend £500 on one question

Ahhh are we the only nurses left in UK? that will be why its quiet.

- thanks everyone for your replies, at least I don't feel so lonely now. just bloody cold!
Old May 2nd 2006, 4:56 pm
In my own little world!

Claire, I am currently working in adult general HDU, have years of experience of cardiac HDU too. I've sent my CV to Princess Alexandra, Prince Charles, Royal Brisbane and Greenslopes so far. Looking at further up the coast as well...redcliffe. caloundra and nambour too. Not sure if I fancy a nice little job in day surgery or something like that......then again I don't want to be bored! Yes - I think we should have one hell of a meet when we get to Oz! I can't wait!

jackie x
Hi I am in neonatal ICU, and not sure if I cuold handle the boredom of SCBU, or even general paeds - sometimes it's better the devil you know, hey whoever gives me a job is where I'll be working,I was hoping to say bye bye to night shift, but I'll see what happens - got a few email addresses and will get to work on my CV and cover letter. Had cold feet there for a while - i think it is just sinking in that this is really going to happen :scared:

always helps!!

Clairex
Old May 2nd 2006, 5:06 pm
Living the Dream!

Hi I am in neonatal ICU, and not sure if I cuold handle the boredom of SCBU, or even general paeds - sometimes it's better the devil you know, hey whoever gives me a job is where I'll be working,I was hoping to say bye bye to night shift, but I'll see what happens - got a few email addresses and will get to work on my CV and cover letter. Had cold feet there for a while - i think it is just sinking in that this is really going to happen :scared:

always helps!!

Clairex
Your not wrong there Claire! I will be on the later when hubby has gone to play squash and kiddies are in bed.
I'm hoping to ditch the night shifts too, hubby hates me working them....thing is they are so bloody convenient! we'll see, like you say claire, its whoever gives us a job! lol.

I feel a need right now to read peoples positive posts....hear about their reccies and stuff. Not many new posts in that respect. The thing I fear the most is that when we go....one of us loves it and the other hates it and wants to come back. I am very stubborn and will sulk til I get my own way. ...childish I know, but true! Please god let us both love it!

Jackie x
Old May 2nd 2006, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Ahhh are we the only nurses left in UK? that will be why its quiet.

- thanks everyone for your replies, at least I don't feel so lonely now. just bloody cold!

Hi I'm here too, having a break from the application form. Just need to complete the duties section for skills matching. Can you get those sub dividing tabs/flags for 47sK from WH Smiths?
Sorry another question.......
Old May 2nd 2006, 6:00 pm
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sunflower7
Hi I'm here too, having a break from the application form. Just need to complete the duties section for skills matching. Can you get those sub dividing tabs/flags for 47sK from WH Smiths?
Sorry another question.......

yes you can, you can get them in most places, our local tesco does them

goodluck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.