AHPRA form finally sent /TImeline will be updated

Old Nov 5th 2015, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Mimzie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AHPRA form finally sent /TImeline will be updated

Originally Posted by binky333
I wasn't aware of the ICHC so I looked on the agos40 and it says on question 14 - Do you have any criminal history? No - Go to next question. It says in the notes at the side of question 14 that you only have to do the ICHC if you answered yes to the question. I was going to go ahead and do the normal police check but perhaps I'll wait to here from AHPRA rather than paying twice.

8 years... You'll have no problem then. I'm only 9 months qualified and 7 months on a surgical ward. Im Currently applying for recovery roles though as that is where I'd like to be. I just want to get out there now, it's been a long process
A new approach as of 4 February 2015

As of 4 February 2015, National Boards and the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) have implemented a new procedure for checking international criminal history.

Applying for an ICHC

Please follow these steps when applying for an ICHC:

Apply for an ICHC before submitting your AHPRA registration application.
Read Important information for international criminal history check applicants before you apply for an ICHC.
Apply for an ICHC from the AHPRA approved vendor - Fit2Work.

As long as you live outside Australia you need it.
Old Nov 7th 2015, 11:04 am
Just Joined

Jennifer_M will become famous soon enough

Hi

I'm new to this thread, just wondered if anyone knows how long it’s taking for registration for AHPRA has taken? And what anyone else’s experiences have been?

My process so far
Posted application to Brisbane office beginning of September...email from them on the 14th saying they had received it

Email from a girl in Sydney office saying I forgot to add declaration at end of CV on the 23rd September (looks like I’m now under Sydney office?!?!)

I posted another CV on the 28th September.

Letter from NMC on 1st October saying my details have been posted and wishing me luck in the future!! Not heard anything since from AHPRA.
Now the waiting game...I’m the most impatient person I know!! I have been looking at jobs but reluctant to apply as I’m not sure how long a 457 visa takes either.

Last edited by Jennifer_M; Nov 7th 2015 at 11:16 am.
Old Nov 12th 2015, 6:42 am
Just Joined

binky333 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jennifer_M
Hi

I'm new to this thread, just wondered if anyone knows how long it’s taking for registration for AHPRA has taken? And what anyone else’s experiences have been?

My process so far
Posted application to Brisbane office beginning of September...email from them on the 14th saying they had received it

Email from a girl in Sydney office saying I forgot to add declaration at end of CV on the 23rd September (looks like I’m now under Sydney office?!?!)

I posted another CV on the 28th September.

Letter from NMC on 1st October saying my details have been posted and wishing me luck in the future!! Not heard anything since from AHPRA.
Now the waiting game...I’m the most impatient person I know!! I have been looking at jobs but reluctant to apply as I’m not sure how long a 457 visa takes either.
Hi Jennifer

I think we're all in the same position, looking for jobs but can't apply. Keep us posted on how you're going - you're a little bit ahead of me. The 457 is really quick so don't worry too much about that.
Old Nov 12th 2015, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jennifer_M
Hi I'm new to this thread, just wondered if anyone knows how long it’s taking for registration for AHPRA has taken? And what anyone else’s experiences have been? My process so far Posted application to Brisbane office beginning of September...email from them on the 14th saying they had received it Email from a girl in Sydney office saying I forgot to add declaration at end of CV on the 23rd September (looks like I’m now under Sydney office?!?!) I posted another CV on the 28th September. Letter from NMC on 1st October saying my details have been posted and wishing me luck in the future!! Not heard anything since from AHPRA. Now the waiting game...I’m the most impatient person I know!! I have been looking at jobs but reluctant to apply as I’m not sure how long a 457 visa takes either.
I know there are a lot of pages in this thread but there is some useful information, it was only started a few mnoths ago. For me from psoting to being accepted took 2 months, there was no communication in the middle as everything was sent correctly first time.

As to the office I beleive they move them around now.

I do not think they will do anything until they have everything in place, so the full processing would start once they receive your NMC letter. From reading on here nad my expereince not hearing from them simply means the cogs are turning and you do not need to worry.
Old Nov 12th 2015, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

ZULU2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jennifer

I think we're all in the same position, looking for jobs but can't apply. Keep us posted on how you're going - you're a little bit ahead of me. The 457 is really quick so don't worry too much about that.
Hello I was considering 457 which employer had offered but now I am strongly thinking PR before I go ?????now that I ha my Letter from Ahprah all jobs I he applied to thy he responded instantly
Old Nov 12th 2015, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

ZULU2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine took 5months roughly but I had to send docs back an fourth a few times...good luck
Old Nov 12th 2015, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ZULU2000
Hello I was considering 457 which employer had offered but now I am strongly thinking PR before I go ?????now that I ha my Letter from Ahprah all jobs I he applied to thy he responded instantly
I would definitely go for PR - that's what I would do if I had more experience. I understand it's 3 years experience in UK or 1 year within Australia so I'll apply for PR once I'm out there.
Old Nov 12th 2015, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ZULU2000

How does this PR work does anyone know if its like AHPRA the process? How much does it cost? Is it easy to get once you have you Pin someone please help, I am waiting its been a week since money was taken and acknowledgement email. This waiting aint good. Wish they could just do this process with 4weeks in total so at least you know your waiting time...Ayway I am really not in a rush aiming for end January 2017. Thot start early get everything PR then start packing slowly dont like to rush and will wait for everything to through then start this could may / June I hear PR can takeup to 6 mths.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mimzie
How does this PR work does anyone know if its like AHPRA the process? How much does it cost? Is it easy to get once you have you Pin someone please help, I am waiting its been a week since money was taken and acknowledgement email. This waiting aint good. Wish they could just do this process with 4weeks in total so at least you know your waiting time...Ayway I am really not in a rush aiming for end January 2017. Thot start early get everything PR then start packing slowly dont like to rush and will wait for everything to through then start this could may / June I hear PR can takeup to 6 mths.
Hi Mimzie, just a potential prewarn if you are not aware, once you get your AHPRA registration you have to validate it in person within 12 months. If yo uare not planning to move until January 2017 you may need to make a trip to Australia first (you may be planning this anyway).

As to the AHPRA waiting time, mine was 2 months from posting to receiving registration in principal (letter saying you have to present yourself).

The PR process is a lot longer and requires much more paperwork.

You first need to work out if you have enough points, assuming you have some work experience you should be ok here.

You then need to get your degree assessed by ANMAC to ensure it is equivilant to an australian degree (this is basically a repeat of AHPRA), for this you will need to do the IELTS English test (unless you have your pin).

Then you can lodge an EOI for PR (visa 189), currently there are 2 invites per month and you simply need to wait your turn in line, as a nurse this should not be a long wait.

Once you are invited it is a case of proving everything you have stated above, you have a degree, you have work experience, who you are etc.

As to the cost it depends on how many people, if you have a familiy, husband and kids etc. they can get PR off your job, but this adds to the cost. I am looking at £2500 for 2 of us, applying independantly not through an agent.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Update: So I've had a response from AHPRA requesting more information such as the COGS which thankfully is on its way from the NMC and the police check needs to be completed. Despite sending my application to Adelaide, it's now being dealt with in Sydney.

It's good to hear that some applications have only taken two months
Old Nov 13th 2015, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Update: So I've had a response from AHPRA requesting more information such as the COGS which thankfully is on its way from the NMC and the police check needs to be completed. Despite sending my application to Adelaide, it's now being dealt with in Sydney.

It's good to hear that some applications have only taken two months
It is worth noting that if all applications were to take two months, the timer does not start until they have all of your documents.

So as you have documents outstanding they will not be looking at your application yet, basically the first people to receive your application simply check that everything is there, they then have to pass it on to someone who can start assessing it and they don't do this until it is complete.

For others who may read the thread and have not yet sent their application, this is why you should request COGS and police check before you submit the application as they are what slow you down usually.

P.S. Sorry if it sounds like I am picking on you here Binky, I do not mean to I am jsut trying to help others speed up their application
Old Nov 13th 2015, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mgreaves
It is worth noting that if all applications were to take two months, the timer does not start until they have all of your documents.

So as you have documents outstanding they will not be looking at your application yet, basically the first people to receive your application simply check that everything is there, they then have to pass it on to someone who can start assessing it and they don't do this until it is complete.

For others who may read the thread and have not yet sent their application, this is why you should request COGS and police check before you submit the application as they are what slow you down usually.

P.S. Sorry if it sounds like I am picking on you here Binky, I do not mean to I am jsut trying to help others speed up their application

No not at all - I'm a big girl, I can take constructive criticism. I agree, I should have requested the COGS prior to sending the application but the NMC have just confirmed that it's been sent so I'm happy with that. As to the police check - I had assumed I would be OK with the original British police check - I've learnt it's better not to assume when it comes to AHPRA.

I'm just happy to finally have a contact name at AHPRA rather than using the 'online enquiry form'. I have totally gone about this process backwards but why change the habit of a life time - At 30 I'm not going to change now

It's not like I have a job waiting so I'm happy with the progress but like you say - others should definitely get everything ready prior to sending the application form.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

No not at all - I'm a big girl, I can take constructive criticism. I agree, I should have requested the COGS prior to sending the application but the NMC have just confirmed that it's been sent so I'm happy with that. As to the police check - I had assumed I would be OK with the original British police check - I've learnt it's better not to assume when it comes to AHPRA. I'm just happy to finally have a contact name at AHPRA rather than using the 'online enquiry form'. I have totally gone about this process backwards but why change the habit of a life time - At 30 I'm not going to change now It's not like I have a job waiting so I'm happy with the progress but like you say - others should definitely get everything ready prior to sending the application form.
You can make no assumptions when it comes to AHPRA! Once they had everything I raised a few questions as I had heard nothing and did not really get a response other than it takes time, so expect to hear nother if all is ok. Hopefully your wait is not too long.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mgreaves
You can make no assumptions when it comes to AHPRA! Once they had everything I raised a few questions as I had heard nothing and did not really get a response other than it takes time, so expect to hear nother if all is ok. Hopefully your wait is not too long.

Thank you mgreaves. I am planning to vist Ausy to do the checks early next year. Then come back and start the PR process. Its just me and hubby so hopefull around the same price as yours. I have given myself a year to sort out the paper work I am told it could be long waits. So not in a rush coz will be disappointed although I want to leave now...lol. Binky333 thats nice to hear that you got a response. At least that shows someone has or is going through your papers.

Last edited by Mimzie; Nov 13th 2015 at 10:14 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2015, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

stevensarick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all getting really anxious now, nmc had to resend my certificate of good standing as first one not received by Ahpra! Nmc sent two copies by Royal Mail track and sign on 27/11 however when tracking them all its says is on its way to Australia! I have had my deadline extended to beginning of December but Iam worried this wont be long enough, any advice would be greatly appreciated! Good luck to you all this process its proving to be difficult for me as things are out of my control!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.