Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wellington Morning Commute

Wellington Morning Commute

Old Apr 10th 2015, 12:15 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wellington Morning Commute

I finally got my dashcam working properly and decided to drive in today 'cos it was peeing down.
I thought someone here might be interested.
Tawa to The Terrace speed up 50x so you won't get too bored.

Old Apr 10th 2015, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wellington Morning Commute

Awful journey at the wrong time isn't it. Luckily for me I always started work at 06:15 but the wife got stuck in this almost daily.
Glad we don't have any traffic issues whatsoever now.....and no wind to think about when I'm on the mbike :-)
Old Apr 10th 2015, 1:15 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the traffic is bad. It never stops moving, and on an evening it flows well and I get home in 15 minutes.
I normally take the train but I'm not fond of standing up in a warm steamy tube with hundreds of people who all seem to want to cough on each other.
Old Apr 10th 2015, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the traffic in your video was flowing quite nicely despite the rain - what time was that?

Whenever I drove into the city to the University (around 8am)the queue for the Terrace off ramp stretched for a long way!
Old Apr 10th 2015, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobClubley
I don't think the traffic is bad. It never stops moving, and on an evening it flows well and I get home in 15 minutes.
I normally take the train but I'm not fond of standing up in a warm steamy tube with hundreds of people who all seem to want to cough on each other.
Yeah I know what you mean although was only 8 minutes to Takapu Rd for me - first stop

If I ever had to go in work later for normal office times I either used the mbike in decent weather or use the push bike.
Too far a commute on the push bike from Tawa - did it a couple of times but made it too long a day, but I used to drive round the back through J'ville, park up at Simla Cres train station and bike in from there through Ngaio and down the Gorge.
Up in Tauranga now.
99KM to work each way near Hamilton Airport but an easy drive or ride.
Wife is 7 mins from work no matter what time of the morning.
Old Apr 10th 2015, 1:53 am
Happy in Wellington

Originally Posted by cappuccino
I thought the traffic in your video was flowing quite nicely despite the rain - what time was that?

Whenever I drove into the city to the University (around 8am)the queue for the Terrace off ramp stretched for a long way!
The time's in the corner - I set off just before 8am, I was late today
Old Apr 10th 2015, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobClubley
The time's in the corner - I set off just before 8am, I was late today
I've just realised why you had a good journey - it's still school and uni holidays! Won't be that good when they all go back!
Old Apr 10th 2015, 2:12 am
Happy in Wellington

True