Watties soups

Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Watties soups

Originally Posted by sunshine_and_rain
Must admit, Watties does not taste as good as Heinz, the cream of Tomato has a weird tast to it here - not sure what it is - Maybe I'm just used to Heinz - you think they'd use the same receipes if they've been taken over hey??

ALso - the other thing I have noticed is Cadbury's chocolate - taste very very different here. Still nice - I love chocolate - but it still tastes different??

And - now that I am on a roll - Sausage here are awful, I am yet to find a sausage that tastes anywhere near as a good as a cheap sausage from the UK?? I love the meat here and the seafood, but sausages - yeugh, just vile. I no longer eat them - still try a new ones when I see one at a butchers etc on my travels that I have not tried. the best ones so far are from Pokeno, on the way to AKL, but although they are 'not bad' they're not a patchon the ones from home?? Its weird hey - we obviously tune our tastebuds to what we are used to, and then anything different tastes odd??
I won't even mention the beer.

Rob
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
I won't even mention the beer.

Rob

LOL Nor me.....
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:50 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Nor me.....
Right so
Soup
Sausages
Beer

Hmmm gonna need a chilled container.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:59 pm
Kiwi livin' and lovin' it

Location: Was England. Then Germany.Tried Spain. NZ now and NOT moving!
the turner family has a brilliant futurethe turner family has a brilliant futurethe turner family has a brilliant futurethe turner family has a brilliant futurethe turner family has a brilliant futurethe turner family has a brilliant future

I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned Marmite yet. My 5 year old lives on the stuff so should I bring a year's supply over with us? Shame the sausages are no good, as I was hoping that they would be like UK ones. I'm not a big fan of Spanish sausages and we regularly go to Gibraltar to get Walls bangers. Can you get Campbell's soups in NZ?

Andrea
Old Jul 15th 2005, 1:23 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the turner family
I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned Marmite yet. My 5 year old lives on the stuff so should I bring a year's supply over with us? Shame the sausages are no good, as I was hoping that they would be like UK ones. I'm not a big fan of Spanish sausages and we regularly go to Gibraltar to get Walls bangers. Can you get Campbell's soups in NZ?

Andrea
Right so
Soup
Sausages
Beer
Bisto Gravy Granules
Marmite

Any more?
Old Jul 15th 2005, 1:26 pm
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Biddy
Right so
Soup
Sausages
Beer
Bisto Gravy Granules
Marmite

Any more?
Bacon
Walkers Crisps and others we get here
Currys
Old Jul 15th 2005, 1:37 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
...and talking of food. Our container arrives from the UK next week and MAFF are coming out to examine our Bisto Gravy Granules the next morning....we are not allowed to unpack it/touch it til they arrive.... I know its a serious issue but I cant help laughing over that....sorry.
Not all that funny really. Anything with beef or that comes from beef extract etc is examined very closely to stop the threat of diseases like mad cow reaching our shores. Yes even good old Bovril has on occassions not been allowed in. Cant see how it can spread anything myself but they are the rules that MAF goes by.

Biddy your list keeps growing so bythe time you get to move to NZ hopefully you & yours will all have learnt to give up eating & drinking so the food & drink in NZ wont be a problem for you
Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Biddy
Right so
Soup
Sausages
Beer
Bisto Gravy Granules
Marmite

Any more?
Cadbury's Chocolate - English one
Walkers
LOTS of Sausages (LOL)
Ambrosia Custard
Birds Custard
Ready Brek (Can't get it or anything like it here) (I have it sent over)
(You're right about Marmite - Vegemite is VILE, and the Marmaite doesn't taste right??)
Pampers Nappies (If little one is still young enough)(Can't get em)
Gammon Steaks (Can't get em here????)
Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Andrea
HI Andrea

Nope, I don't think you can get Campbells soups here? Sausages are just not nice here, its my biggest miss - the rest I can get by with other things, but not the sausages. Walls Sausages, yummmmmm.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:46 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Cadbury's Chocolate - English one
Walkers
LOTS of Sausages (LOL)
Ambrosia Custard
Birds Custard
Ready Brek (Can't get it or anything like it here) (I have it sent over)
(You're right about Marmite - Vegemite is VILE, and the Marmaite doesn't taste right??)
Pampers Nappies (If little one is still young enough)(Can't get em)
Gammon Steaks (Can't get em here????)
NO READY BREK?! NO READY BREK?! They don't tell you that on the website do they! Oh no, it's all 'come and experience our culture, our proud Maori traditions, the scenery, the space, the lower crime rate, the personal safety, the no-nuclear weaponry policy, the fantastic extreme sports, the flora and fauna, yadda yadda yadda'. They never said they don't have Ready Brek! I love the stuff! I'm withdrawing the EOI.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:48 pm
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all

HI Andrea

Nope, I don't think you can get Campbells soups here? Sausages are just not nice here, its my biggest miss - the rest I can get by with other things, but not the sausages. Walls Sausages, yummmmmm.
One word.............. Weetabix!! :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

What the hell are weetbix supposed to be? surely not edible?
Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:51 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by bookemjano
NO READY BREK?! NO READY BREK?! They don't tell you that on the website do they! Oh no, it's all 'come and experience our culture, our proud Maori traditions, the scenery, the space, the lower crime rate, the personal safety, the no-nuclear weaponry policy, the fantastic extreme sports, the flora and fauna, yadda yadda yadda'. They never said they don't have Ready Brek! I love the stuff! I'm withdrawing the EOI.
I know, a total nerve.. they get us over there with false promises and don't even mention the readybrek situation.. ******* liars they are

Get over it... you're gonna have to.. and remember!!!! a box of cereal costs over $6 so you'll be cooking eggs in the morning or toast
Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:57 pm
Kiwi livin' and lovin' it

Location: Was England. Then Germany.Tried Spain. NZ now and NOT moving!
the turner family has a brilliant futurethe turner family has a brilliant futurethe turner family has a brilliant futurethe turner family has a brilliant futurethe turner family has a brilliant futurethe turner family has a brilliant future

Could we have some positivies please???

So we have to shop internationally for Marmite, Ready-Brek and Sausages what local foods can we look forward to?

There must be something from NZ that a Kiwi living in Uk misses

Bye for now,

Matt
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Could we have some positivies please???

So we have to shop internationally for Marmite, Ready-Brek and Sausages what local foods can we look forward to?

There must be something from NZ that a Kiwi living in Uk misses

Bye for now,

Matt
Ermmm - you'd have to ask a kiwi?? OK, some of the things I like here:

Corned Beef - joints not the tinned stuff
Roll Ups (Pressed Fruit)
Burger Rings
Healthy Option Vegie Crisps (The Thai Flavour)
Watties Ketchup (I actually like it??)
All meat is good in general
Seafood - just FAB
My Edwards Cook Book - its great

Still miss me Ready Brek though - I LOVE it - hot and cold, plain and chocolate - can't even get a substitute here?? Praps we could start selling it here - and make a mint! As well as sausages
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:15 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Ermmm - you'd have to ask a kiwi?? OK, some of the things I like here:

Corned Beef - joints not the tinned stuff
Roll Ups (Pressed Fruit)
Burger Rings
Healthy Option Vegie Crisps (The Thai Flavour)
Watties Ketchup (I actually like it??)
All meat is good in general
Seafood - just FAB
My Edwards Cook Book - its great

Still miss me Ready Brek though - I LOVE it - hot and cold, plain and chocolate - can't even get a substitute here?? Praps we could start selling it here - and make a mint! As well as sausages

Urgh! Not cold Shellie, that's disgusting. Piping hot with honey in or maple syrup, or just hot enough to eat with chopped banana in. Always reminds me of being a kid - Mum used to make so thick it didn't move in the bowl, dish it out and then shout us all up, by which time it was stone cold and had a thick skin on cos she used plain milk. Whoever got to clean the pan got the worst job - it was always crusted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.