Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NEXT in New Zealand?

NEXT in New Zealand?

Old Feb 17th 2006, 10:08 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEXT in New Zealand?

I loved Next and Gap clothes, they really are a lovely fit and they washed really well too unlike a lot of clothes I've bought here. Although most of what I have now is from the Warehouse so say no more
George in Asda did some really good stuff and I miss the cheap bargains from there.
Funny enough I've just been to pumpkin patch myself today and bought two tshirts in the sale for my children.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 10:36 am
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by kaz Hen
I have started to pick up a few things for myself at George, just got some lovely undies just like some I had seem at Marks for a fraction of the price. I get my youngest some stuff there always school things but the middle one has unfortunatly become a UK label freak. He says to me 'mum have you been shopping at Georgeio again'.
Funny you say that kiwi's love shopping I never thought that. We got a shock in the UK about how much everyone goes shopping as a family outing.
Cheers
KAZ
sounds like you are being converted..... its ok you could always stick a fork in your forehead after going shopping so that you dont feel bad for enjoying it....

ps - i thought you had resigned from here...... something about someone needing prozac......?

Old Feb 17th 2006, 6:05 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm an ebay sorta guy!
Shopping should be banned in all it's forms - or at least banned if it involves me that is. My ideal shopping trip starts out like this:

1) Have brilliant idea for something we need
2) Have conversation with Sarah like - 'Just popping out for something dear - kids want to come?'
3) Drive to shop
4) Buy item
5) Drive home
6) Put up brand new shiny 50 inch plasma screen in front room and open a cold one.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 10:21 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turkeytickler
sounds like you are being converted..... its ok you could always stick a fork in your forehead after going shopping so that you dont feel bad for enjoying it....

ps - i thought you had resigned from here...... something about someone needing prozac......?
I think she thought I needed the prozac lol
Old Feb 18th 2006, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turkeytickler
Behave yourself Turkster! Are you in a trouble starting mood. You already jumped on Cindy. I'm going to rename you TT as Troublesome Turkey.
KAZ
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 7:05 am

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

Hey ladies, Mrs P18PPS here - visited NextUK today - fantastic to know what size trousers and shorts you're getting!!!

Loads of shorts, skirts and light weight trousers - they've also got a range of bikinis and swimsuits at the moment. I bought 2 pairs of good quality shorts for $60 - well chuffed the quality is much better than Shanton!!!! You can also register for online store updates - I've done so!!!

Thanks to SarahB for enlightening me to the treasures of NextUK New Zealand!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Biddy
I'm an ebay sorta guy!
Shopping should be banned in all it's forms - or at least banned if it involves me that is. My ideal shopping trip starts out like this:

1) Have brilliant idea for something we need
2) Have conversation with Sarah like - 'Just popping out for something dear - kids want to come?'
3) Drive to shop
4) Buy item
5) Drive home
6) Put up brand new shiny 50 inch plasma screen in front room and open a cold one.
I'm with you Mike!!!

Dave
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

neilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Paladin
I'm with you Mike!!!

Dave
The shop is cr*p for men though - first time I was dragged in the stock was limited, then the last week it had almost disappeared! At least the Rodd & Gunn store there is just for us

Neil
Old Feb 26th 2006, 10:37 am
Just Joined

geordiekiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so happy to hear there is a Next in NZ! Even if we will be living near Wellington ... as a kiwi expat in the UK (whos moving home with brit partner and 1 year old) I dread the shopping back home ... I'm sure its not as bad as I think, but I still planned on stocking up on Next clothes for our toddler! Good excuse for a trip to Auckland, me thinks...
Old Feb 27th 2006, 1:36 am
Just Joined

NEXTben is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I was told about this thread and am hoping the British Expats let me do some advertising here. I own the NEXT store in Dress Smart and would like to let you all know that there is a going to be a container clear out sale starting Saturday and a new container of goods arrives this month - hopefully in store by the 27th of March.

Just to let you know, we buy end of season, end of line clothes from NEXT and bring them out here in time for the NZ season.

Hope to see you all soon
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NEXTben
Hi, I was told about this thread and am hoping the British Expats let me do some advertising here. I own the NEXT store in Dress Smart and would like to let you all know that there is a going to be a container clear out sale starting Saturday and a new container of goods arrives this month - hopefully in store by the 27th of March.

Just to let you know, we buy end of season, end of line clothes from NEXT and bring them out here in time for the NZ season.

Hope to see you all soon
anychance of a christchurch franchise / catalogue / online shopping for those of us not on the North Island??????
Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by NEXTben

Hope to see you all soon

How about a NEXT store in Dress Smart, Tawa - north of Wellington?
Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:56 am
livewire

I went into Next today and, sorry to say this folks, but was quite unimpressed with what was in there. Maybe it had been well picked over during the weekend or something.

Must time the next visit to coincide with a fresh delivery.

Old Feb 27th 2006, 6:54 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livewire
I went into Next today and, sorry to say this folks, but was quite unimpressed with what was in there. Maybe it had been well picked over during the weekend or something.

Must time the next visit to coincide with a fresh delivery.
Bored of hearing about Next in NZ?
Not a girl?
Read the Beer in NZ thread (or at least contribute to it!)
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:43 am
sky
Banned

Sounds good Nextben wish you'd opened a shop in Christchurch though