Reload this Page >

Is NewZealand all you expected

Is NewZealand all you expected

Old May 25th 2003, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Jon&Ann is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Is NewZealand all you expected

Hiya;

Reading several members threads, some people are glad they moved to Nz, some are 50/50 and others want to return.

Can i ask, Is Nz all you expected and if not, what has changed your mind to such a degee you wish to return to your Country of Origin.

We have 5 kids between the ages of 3 and 10 :scared: and have been wanting to make the move across for some years. Now, we are in the position to get serious with all our finances sorted and work situations in order.

Please speak your mind, negative or Positive.

Obviously the area you have chose must make a difference, why not change location? or, in the exreme, ar ethings that bad

thanks again, Jon
Old May 25th 2003, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice
Default Is NZ all you expected

Hi - Living in NZ was a bit of a shock to us when we first arrived because it was completely different from our holiday here( Dur ! ) Firstly we didn't have sterling to spend any more so things weren't as cheap as they had initially appeared and NZ wages being lower ( As a rule) we found it a bit of a struggle to begin with. Also after the initial euphoria, homesickness sunk in in a big way - however every one had told us that you have to give it at least a year, prefferably 2 to settle in and after being here for 16 months now can confidently say that it was worth every minnute and it's a lovely place to live. We have no regrets.
Just don't believe all the romanticised ideals of NZ and NZers that are popular from other countries.
It was quite hard to make friends as on the whole they keep themselves to themselves....but it is possible !
We live in West Auckland which is very scenic, lots of fresh air ( and rain) very easy to get to The City or other parts of Auckland from here. Also very different to the UK which is probably what attracted us - it still seems quite excotic to us ! It's very good for children here with lots of good quiality parks and day care facilities - I would say " Go for it"
Old May 25th 2003, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - Living in NZ was a bit of a shock to us when we first arrived because it was completely different from our holiday here( Dur ! ) Firstly we didn't have sterling to spend any more so things weren't as cheap as they had initially appeared and NZ wages being lower ( As a rule) we found it a bit of a struggle to begin with. Also after the initial euphoria, homesickness sunk in in a big way - however every one had told us that you have to give it at least a year, prefferably 2 to settle in and after being here for 16 months now can confidently say that it was worth every minnute and it's a lovely place to live. We have no regrets.
Xpat19 its good to read an honest and constructive post. Thank you.
Old May 26th 2003, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

Jon&Ann is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thanks

Thanks for the encouragement, my only concern is work allthough eveyone i know says i'd find a job easily, it always sits in the back of your mind. I'd set up a business should the job side not work out though, i just feel after quite a few years the time is here to move across and get settled into the lifestyle now, rather than waiting for the kids to finish school..

Thanks again, all advice is well appreciated. Jon
Old May 26th 2003, 4:35 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

I reckon NZ is the perfect place to emigrate to...if you've built up a wee bit of capital first.

Cheers - Don