Job offer Wellington but wife concerned

Old Apr 26th 2016, 1:15 am
Banned

Finkel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job offer Wellington but wife concerned

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
what a shame you didn't find BE sooner
That's the problem. I did.

Now I'd like to give some feedback, if I may.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 1:25 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

you are more than welcome to but please bear in mind you are new user to the forum and others have a particular way to post and need time to be understood with their posting styles

please take the time to create your own post with your experiences and explanations so others can see exactly where you are coming from
Old Apr 26th 2016, 1:33 am
Banned

Finkel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. I'm still trying to decide if this is the correct forum to share my story. I'll think about it.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 1:50 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

fine, now let this get back on topic.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 7:49 am
Welly bound

Munchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Finkel
That about sums it up. Read that back in a couple of years from now and see if you find it as funny.
Sorry for attempting humour. Your objection is duly noted.

I hope your prospective employer is going to stump up for your total relocation costs? Want to test how genuine they are? Ask them to commit to paying for your repatriation costs to the UK after 2 years if things don't work out for you.

I can say with some confidence that if more migrants asked for this New Zealand would be a lot emptier than it is.
As an employer, I wouldn't agree to that. You've made some assumptions about me, you sound like you live in an unrealistic bubble.

If it goes wrong, you pay your money you take your chances. Are you seriously trying to tell me, that NZ is so deeply flawed that the only people who live there are those poor souls who are financially trapped there against their will? Is it some kind of hell for the majority of people who were mercilessly tricked into going there... This could be a huge story if only it got out...
Old Apr 26th 2016, 7:54 am

Thank you. I'm still trying to decide if this is the correct forum to share my story. I'll think about it.
don't worry about that now, your conduct has not been appropriate for this site.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 7:57 am
Welly bound

Munchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond repute

If Manchester is pissing you off that much move somewhere else in the UK, you don't have to move to the other side of the world to avoid it. What are you really running away from?.
Ooo wouldn't you like to know... I would take your comments more seriously if there was an element of coherent argument and intelligent debate rather than a series of erroneous assumptions, wild specultation and prognostications of doom.

I'm booking myself on for some counselling right now to recover from this website.

Is this really an appropriate line of questioning for this sort of website? Are the moderators of the forum happy with this level of input? It has put me right off contributing further as it isn't helpful in any way.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:02 am

I have dealt with the members as the rules allow. We try not to moderate to strongly as it would not be fair or helpful to just have positive posts all the time. Unless there is a direct connection to previous troll found we have to err on the side of caution of just banning people because they say things others don't like or in a manner others don't like. In the end give them enough rope...
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Is it legit to send offensive PMs to other posters - shocked shocked!
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Kotare
unless we are informed about it there is not a lot we can do. I have now added a piece in my signature to cover that.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Finkel, you may have pulled the plug if someone had told you not to come with descriptions of doom and gloom, but so may have others who have subsequently felt they have benefitted from the move to NZ. How would we have survived if you had discouraged Daniel Corbett, our chirpy weather presenter from Essex, from making the move? Lol.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Munchkin said it on one of the threads, I will look.

I like the 'command' voice, yo aren't ex Forces are you? :-)
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:44 am

Finkel has left the building.

Please can we get back on topic and not waste any more time on this. Thanks
Old Apr 26th 2016, 9:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kotare
It's not, no - but unless we're told about it we can't act on it either. You can report PM's, so if you get any in the future in that vein then do report them and we'll take action pretty quickly (a report will go to all mods, super mods and site admin too).

HTH.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

I value the diversity of opinions on here and the honesty of them. They have helped challenge me to think deeply about what the heck we're doing and why we're taking so blooming long to do anything I feel way more prepared for what we're letting ourselves in for with the whole visa application stress hopefully followed by moving logistics migraines and settling in challenges and frustrations. SnapShot and Chc4me in particular were generous with their time on our fact finding trip and were completely open and honest about their experiences and feelings about staying in NZ. I've also had a few pm chats with people who were helpful in explaining, behind the public scenes, exactly why they felt as they did. It takes a generosity of spirit to open yourself u like that to a stranger and to give your time to try and help them work through the emigration thought processes.

Thanks to suggestions on here MrH and I have stayed in a couple of other places in the UK, spoken to friends there, looked at jobs and housing and compared that to where MrH has his job offer. We've spoken to family members openly about us being so far away. All locations have their pluses and minuses but we still want to try the NZ location.

A major factor for us is that we can move within the UK no matter what age we are but we're running out of time to try NZ. If either of us hate it and don't settle at all we'll come back but we plan to have a 1yr, 5yr and 10yr review (hoping to goodness we get over there). This then led us to decide not to go if we couldn't hang onto contingency money that would allow us to come back and at least rent a decent house if we couldn't afford to buy again.

Hope some of this helps with others decision making process.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.