Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

HELP - any help with regard to shipping our pet dog?

HELP - any help with regard to shipping our pet dog?

Old Apr 17th 2016, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

NZLorraine is an unknown quantity at this point
Question HELP - any help with regard to shipping our pet dog?

Hi does anyone have any advice on shipping our dog from London, UK to Auckland, NZ - any recommendations on pet transporters or any advice in general would be appreciated.
Old Apr 17th 2016, 9:27 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP - any help with regard to shipping our pet dog?

have a look through this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/new-z...-uk-nz-867133/

http://britishexpats.com/forum/new-z...dog-nz-854758/

http://britishexpats.com/forum/new-z...dog-nz-841465/
Old Apr 17th 2016, 9:29 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I do know that it takes a while as dogs have to have certain injections then go back 6mths later(?) for blood tests
Old Apr 17th 2016, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Recommend Golden Arrow in UK but you might think Shropshire is a bit far. About £3500 for a Border Collie in Dec. Recommend Pethaven rather than QPS in Auckland, both efficient and friendly but I think Pethaven have nicer kennels.
Old Apr 17th 2016, 11:58 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Talk to Airpets. They're over your way.

Costs nothing to have a chat and some advice.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 3:30 am
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NZLorraine
Hi does anyone have any advice on shipping our dog from London, UK to Auckland, NZ - any recommendations on pet transporters or any advice in general would be appreciated.
Ive used golden arrow twice and were excellent both times. They always use heathrow for departures so worth giving them a call
Old Apr 18th 2016, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your help
Old Apr 18th 2016, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: HELP - any help with regard to shipping our pet dog?

Many thanks I will try the threads
Old Apr 20th 2016, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Pigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud of

We used "Passport For Pets", Heathrow to Auckland for two dogs. Jayne, who was our contact was absolutely fab.
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

movingtonewzealand is an unknown quantity at this point

We will be shipping our dog to NZ once we are settled there (and find a dog friendly place to rent!).

There's quite a bit of preparation, they need a rabies jab 6 months before they travel, the at least 3 months before they go they need a rabies blood test..! Those are the two main things they need before they go, after that it's much simpler tests needed only days before they travel.

Thanks to this Forum, I discovered Golden Arrow and so far I have been so impressed with their recommendations from people that they send in their pack in the post, they reference to your dog by his name, sending descriptions of the staff there and just the overrall personal touch.

Not the cheapest, but also certainly not unreasonable, they are my favourites to pick so far, when the time comes.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Simmor14 has a reputation beyond reputeSimmor14 has a reputation beyond reputeSimmor14 has a reputation beyond reputeSimmor14 has a reputation beyond reputeSimmor14 has a reputation beyond reputeSimmor14 has a reputation beyond reputeSimmor14 has a reputation beyond reputeSimmor14 has a reputation beyond reputeSimmor14 has a reputation beyond reputeSimmor14 has a reputation beyond reputeSimmor14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NZLorraine
I've used Golden Arrow when I had to ship my two Labradors to th US from the UK, they are EXCELLENT! I highly recommend this company.

I then had to move my dogs from the US to NZ recently and I used a US company called IPTlax and I was completely dissatisfied....for quite a few reasons (but anyhow you are not coming from the US!)

I used Pethaven for the Quarantine and they were very good. Whilst I wasn't too excited by the kennel options (dogs can not be exercised properly for the 10 days) this is due to MAF restrictions not the quarantine facility. Pethaven had heat lamps over my dogs beds, they were cosy and warm. Both Jane and Maddie were fabulous with my dogs. Really caring and helped my dogs adjust after their long flight. They also feed them top quality food. Top notch!

Last edited by Simmor14; Jun 1st 2016 at 9:49 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 6:51 am
Just Joined

Anniebig is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by movingtonewzealand
We will be shipping our dog to NZ once we are settled there (and find a dog friendly place to rent!).

There's quite a bit of preparation, they need a rabies jab 6 months before they travel, the at least 3 months before they go they need a rabies blood test..! Those are the two main things they need before they go, after that it's much simpler tests needed only days before they travel.

Thanks to this Forum, I discovered Golden Arrow and so far I have been so impressed with their recommendations from people that they send in their pack in the post, they reference to your dog by his name, sending descriptions of the staff there and just the overrall personal touch.

Not the cheapest, but also certainly not unreasonable, they are my favourites to pick so far, when the time comes.
Hi
I have just had the rabies shot done on my to pooches. Just to let you know it is better to get the titre test (rabies blood test) done four weeks after the shot. This way you will get the best result as they need a test result of 0.5. If they don't get that result they will have to have another shot. The blood test can be done as you say not less than three months before travel but as long as it is not more than 12 months that is fine. If you get a bad result you have more time to re vaccinate.