Canstaff

Old May 22nd 2015, 11:23 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Canstaff

Lovely to hear from you Jonesy.

Yes. It would be good to read about your plans and NZ status for others looking in.

Could you also go through what visa/permit processes you have uplifted please as if you have moved employer it would seem that was a new temp work permit application. Or did you apply for a variance?

Canstaff is employing, as there is a Canterbury shortage so yes, Canstaff will have contracts on their books and so will need employees to fill those places. Most all trade NZers are not interested at those rates.

I suggested the working holiday visa as this lad's Mum stated that there is no intention to remain in NZ permanently . To settle. Rather that it is for a short time, other country, experience.
Old May 23rd 2015, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

jonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saddy66
Nice one.

So all in all I'm presuming that it was the right move for you to go with Canstaff as you are now settled in NZ.

On arrival did they find you work with a client straight away and how easy was it for you to move between clients and accomadation if you weren't happy where you were placed?

Hope you don't mind me asking questions as its a big decision as you are fully aware of.
I arrived late on a Tuesday, they picked me up and took me to where I was staying. I couldn't have asked for a better place to live to be honest. I was more than well looked after. I'm still very close with the old girl who looked after me. The next day Canstaff picked me up and sorted out my tax number, bank account and helped me sort out anything else that I needed.
The day after they introduced me to who I was going to be working for and I started work on the Monday.
Don't get me wrong the work is very different and some clients try to take the piss with what they want you to do. That's why I worked for 4 or 5 before I started with who I'm with now. They usually sorted something out to move clients pretty quickly.
The accommodation is rooms in people's houses so I have heard that Canstaff sort it out for you first time around then it's up to you to find afterwards. I have heard of nightmare stories too with landlords over charging etc but they are very rare
Old May 23rd 2015, 8:19 am
Just Joined

saddy66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jonesy115
I arrived late on a Tuesday, they picked me up and took me to where I was staying. I couldn't have asked for a better place to live to be honest. I was more than well looked after. I'm still very close with the old girl who looked after me. The next day Canstaff picked me up and sorted out my tax number, bank account and helped me sort out anything else that I needed.
The day after they introduced me to who I was going to be working for and I started work on the Monday.
Don't get me wrong the work is very different and some clients try to take the piss with what they want you to do. That's why I worked for 4 or 5 before I started with who I'm with now. They usually sorted something out to move clients pretty quickly.
The accommodation is rooms in people's houses so I have heard that Canstaff sort it out for you first time around then it's up to you to find afterwards. I have heard of nightmare stories too with landlords over charging etc but they are very rare
The first place you stayed with the old girl arranged by Canstaff did you have to pay to stay there? If so how much per week.
Old May 23rd 2015, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

jonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I paid 250 dollars a week. That included food, rent, power bills and Internet. The rent can fluctuate depending on who you
r staying with
Old May 23rd 2015, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

Yeah, I paid 250 dollars a week. That included food, rent, power bills and Internet. The rent can fluctuate depending on who you
r staying with
Thanks for that info.
If he get 45 hours a week on 20 dollars an hour he should be fine.
What about transport to the work placements did the company's pick you up or did you use public transport when you first got there?
Old May 23rd 2015, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Transport is up to you. They help you get a bus pass when you go out with them the 2nd day. Cars are pretty crappy over here and have been to the moon and back. You don't have to have insurance either which saves on money.
Old May 23rd 2015, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Transport is up to you. They help you get a bus pass when you go out with them the 2nd day. Cars are pretty crappy over here and have been to the moon and back. You don't have to have insurance either which saves on money.
Thanks again the info you are providing is helping us out greatly.
Old May 23rd 2015, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

No problem. I'd rather help someone out with what I know about being here instead of someone coming out and being stuck or going straight hme.
Old May 26th 2015, 2:46 am
`

So , what visa/permit are you currently on please Jonesy115 ?
Old May 26th 2015, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

I came out on a 12 month essential skills visa. When that ran out Canstaff gave me a two year contract so my next visa would last longer. I ended up being given a 3 year essential skils visa.
Old May 29th 2015, 4:36 am
`

I came out on a 12 month essential skills visa. When that ran out Canstaff gave me a two year contract so my next visa would last longer. I ended up being given a 3 year essential skils visa.
That would be through & with your current employer then. Not Canstaff.

Temp work visas and permits are tied to the named employer. Take it you did the medical etc.
Was it at your expense ( visa fees etc) or did Canstaff fork out for you.

Very helpful to others looking in . Thanks
Old May 29th 2015, 5:54 am
Just Joined

Update.
My son has decided to go with Canstaff he's returned the contracts and has a start date of June 29 or a later date to his liking if he wants.
Currently on with the police check £45 and he needs to pay £90 for the immigration and send approx £200 for two weeks advanced accommodation.
He's decided to go with the accommodation without the meals $170 -$200 per week.
Jonesy did you arrange your own flights as you mentioned in your thread that Canstaff could get you cheaper flights via there partners?
Old May 29th 2015, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS

Temp work visas and permits are tied to the named employer. Take it you did the medical etc.

I was still with Canstaff when I renewed my visa. They gave me a two year contract that allowed me to get a 3 year working visa. Once I started working for my new employer I had to change employer details but it's the same 3 year working visa, just different employer on it.
Old May 29th 2015, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

I used the whole of the package that Canstaff offered. I got flights through them so I could get the larger baggage allowance. I even used heartland immigration that they recommended. The immigration people were bloody expensive and I'd recommend doing the paper work yourself to save yourself a fair few quid.
Food and stuff can be quite expensive over here if he isn't doing the meal thing at his place. Just a heads up
Old May 29th 2015, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS

When. First came out I didn't have to do a medical but when I renewed I had to, along with a police check that was more advanced as the basic one I came out with. I paid for everything

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.