Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

"Australia and New Zealand" uttered in the same breath misleads the World

"Australia and New Zealand" uttered in the same breath misleads the World

Old Jul 24th 2012, 8:10 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Australia and New Zealand" uttered in the same breath misleads the World

Originally Posted by msi geek
No comments on John Key's 10 NZ comments on American Television - do you guys agree?
Yes.

I can't find any mention of any comments on his comments on American TV so I must agree with your proposition that there are no comments.

Seriously, I have no idea what you are referring to

We don't have a direct ESP link to your brain so you'll have to explain for us simpler folk...
Old Jul 24th 2012, 8:43 am

waikatoguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "Australia and New Zealand" uttered in the same breath misleads the World

John Key appeared on the David Letterman show a while back. If you've ever seen it, Letterman does a (supposedly) comical Top 10 each day. They gave John Key the list of 'Top 10 reasons to visit New Zealand'. His answers were ( Of course the answers were dreamt up by the US producers of the show (eg I don't think we even get Leno do we?) - it's on youtube if you want to look there) :

10 The Auckland Airport now has a cinnabon
9 We have the loosest slot machines in the Pacific Rim
8 Only a convenient 20-hour flight away
7 It’s like England without the attitude
6 Down there Leno’s on at 9 o’clock
5 Get the whanau together, stay in a bach, crack open the chilly bin and slap on your jandals
4 Visit in the next 30 days, I’ll pick you up at the Airport
3 70% of our energy is generated through renewable hydropower – look they don’t all have to be jokes
2 We drive on the left side of the road, like the British and Lindsay Lohan
1 Unlike most of the world, we still like Americans
Old Jul 24th 2012, 8:52 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Cool, now I know, I find I don't care....

He invited serious comments on that made-for-the-show tat???

No wonder there were no comments.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 10:57 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by simonsi
Cool, now I know, I find I don't care....
I know. David Letterman show FFS. Mental or what.

Originally Posted by Bourbon-biscuit
You must either move on
Not sure he can BB. There-in lies his everlasting angst.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 11:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by waikatoguy
John Key appeared on the David Letterman show a while back. If you've ever seen it, Letterman does a (supposedly) comical Top 10 each day. They gave John Key the list of 'Top 10 reasons to visit New Zealand'. His answers were ( Of course the answers were dreamt up by the US producers of the show (eg I don't think we even get Leno do we?) - it's on youtube if you want to look there) :

10 The Auckland Airport now has a cinnabon
9 We have the loosest slot machines in the Pacific Rim
8 Only a convenient 20-hour flight away
7 It’s like England without the attitude
6 Down there Leno’s on at 9 o’clock
5 Get the whanau together, stay in a bach, crack open the chilly bin and slap on your jandals
4 Visit in the next 30 days, I’ll pick you up at the Airport
3 70% of our energy is generated through renewable hydropower – look they don’t all have to be jokes
2 We drive on the left side of the road, like the British and Lindsay Lohan
1 Unlike most of the world, we still like Americans
I think I just lost the will to live
Old Jul 25th 2012, 11:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Using the Copied Magically Method to shift this picture from one forum to another, its easy to see why they are mentioned in the same breath....the two countries are so close their animals can wave to each other
Attached Thumbnails "Australia and New Zealand" uttered in the same breath misleads the World-417818868_8e8e410882.jpg  
Old Jul 25th 2012, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Using the Copied Magically Method to shift this picture from one forum to another, its easy to see why they are mentioned in the same breath....the two countries are so close their animals can wave to each other
Old Jul 25th 2012, 6:54 pm
It is what it is Member

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Awesome, I'll add that to the wiki