Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Yay!! Great news re: rabies titre test

Yay!! Great news re: rabies titre test

Old Aug 16th 2007, 1:33 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yay!! Great news re: rabies titre test

My dog's vet just called with the results of my bubby's titre test, and she's all good to go! Woo hooo!!!!!! I asked them to fax me a copy so I can make sure it has all the necessary info and I don't get any nasty shocks that I have to rush to sort out later, so I'm just waiting for that.

I also let her know that I'm still trying to scrape the money together to get her tested for Willebrand's, and she went away and came back to say that they may be able to acheive the same or similar results with a cheaper and less in-depth test for her. So double yay!!! I really want to get her spayed. They have a pet's day every so often at my new apartment complex, and I don't want to take her to it until she's spayed, so right now the poor thing is missing all the fun.

Anyway, good new all round. I can feel comfortable booking our flight knowing she's all clear! Still have to save for that too, though. Hehehehe!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 1:54 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yay!! Great news re: rabies titre test

Just got the report, it all looks good. It has her chip number, date of test, rabies antibody level, so I think that's it. It states word for word that she has an acceptable immunity level to meet the requirements for the UK PETS scheme.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Shivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond repute

Fab news! Must be a weight off.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:19 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katesbackagain
My dog's vet just called with the results of my bubby's titre test, and she's all good to go! Woo hooo!!!!!! I asked them to fax me a copy so I can make sure it has all the necessary info and I don't get any nasty shocks that I have to rush to sort out later, so I'm just waiting for that.

I also let her know that I'm still trying to scrape the money together to get her tested for Willebrand's, and she went away and came back to say that they may be able to acheive the same or similar results with a cheaper and less in-depth test for her. So double yay!!! I really want to get her spayed. They have a pet's day every so often at my new apartment complex, and I don't want to take her to it until she's spayed, so right now the poor thing is missing all the fun.

Anyway, good new all round. I can feel comfortable booking our flight knowing she's all clear! Still have to save for that too, though. Hehehehe!
Excellent news - what a relief. Now PUT IT SOMEWHERE SAFE!!! (and make sure someone else knows where it is).

I made the mistake of asking my vet to hold onto it and she lost it. :curse:
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! I echo Dunroving's advice of putting it somewhere safe. My adivce is to start a Furbaby folder ASAP and put everything in there including notes of who you talk to at the VEt's, the USDA, DEFRA, the Airlines, etc. I did that and it became very handy when dealing with all the paperwork. I still pull it out from time to time over here when someone comes along asking questions on this forum about various aspects of shipping their pet.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katesbackagain
Just got the report, it all looks good. It has her chip number, date of test, rabies antibody level, so I think that's it. It states word for word that she has an acceptable immunity level to meet the requirements for the UK PETS scheme.
Great news on your test. Isn't it great when something finally goes right.

I'm off tomorrow to try and find somewhere to live in Warwick for the upcoming year. Yesterday I had seven places to view, but with the university year coming up, four of them went by the time I logged on to the website again this morning! Very worrying. Hope I find something at least halfway decent.

Good luck with the follow-up test for your baby. I hope they manage to get that all sorted out.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:04 pm
Anglophile Scientist

bassman578 is an unknown quantity at this point

great news for ye but be aware of the fact that DEFRA will want to see an original copy of the rabies test result (which is a copy with the result pasted as a small sticker on it). ours was lost in the mail and we had to ask for a new copy from the Kansas State University lab.

best wishes,
ralph.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
just to let you know I picked up Archie from Gatwick on Friday.

He had his titre test result and his pet passport but the vet could not stamp passport as it had been issued in the Uk prior to his titre test.

Its not a problem as they just did paper work at Gatwick, lady said the USDA vet was not allowed to stamp it.

Just thought Id let you know so you are prepared.