Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Thinking of Moving back to the UK

Thinking of Moving back to the UK

Old Oct 20th 2017, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

TwoStix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of Moving back to the UK

I'm looking for both some objective and subjective opinions on this.

I am a dual British/Canadian citizen in my early 30's currently living in Canada. I have lived most my life in Canada, but spent all of my teens in the UK and went to school there. My parents are British and after my dad passed 10 years ago, my mum moved back to the UK, to be near my sisters and the rest of my family. My brother is here in Canada, but on the other side of the country, so I have no family nearby.

I am currently debating moving back to the UK. I have lots of friends here in Canada, and even a second family through my best friend. However, I still have friends in the UK that I converse with all the time, and visit them when I'm back in the UK. I go back at least once a year for Christmas, if not more. Plus, it would be nice to be near my own family again.

I was only 11 when we moved to the UK and I remember after a few years always wanting to go back to Canada. Once back I never really had thoughts of returning until the last few years. Maybe as I've gotten older, I've grown to like the British lifestyle, who knows. Or maybe since my family moved back, I just want to be near them again.

Basically, I'm looking for opinions from people who have moved back, who have stayed abroad and anywhere in between. Are you happy you went back? Happy you didn't?

If it helps, I currently live in the Niagara region in Canada and would be going back Buckinghamshire.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of Moving back to the UK

Would you be going back to North Bucks or South Bucks?
I was back there recently this year to visit family and Milton Keynes is still growing. They do now have a 4d cinema.
https://www.cineworld.co.uk/4dx#/

South Bucks is still full of charity shops with terrible traffic.
Old Oct 21st 2017, 3:14 am
Just Joined

junglist82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thinking of Moving back to the UK

I was born and raised in London, England and have been in Toronto for the past 7 years. I have just convinced my Canadian wife to move back to the UK. Canada is nice and everything but its not really for me. I prefer to live in the UK. We will hopefully be moving back in the next 6 months