Gold Jewellary

Old May 13th 2018, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

uaetouk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gold Jewellary

Hi

My wife is settling to UK (on UK Spouse visa outside EEA), I am also settling back with her. She possesses gold jewelry (gather over 10 years period) which she will be bringing along with her. Would like to know if she is supposed to pay any tax / VAT on her personal gold jewelry at the airport.

Regards.
Old May 16th 2018, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Jewellary

Originally Posted by uaetouk
Hi

My wife is settling to UK (on UK Spouse visa outside EEA), I am also settling back with her. She possesses gold jewelry (gather over 10 years period) which she will be bringing along with her. Would like to know if she is supposed to pay any tax / VAT on her personal gold jewelry at the airport.

Regards.
There is nothing to pay on your personal possessions.
Perhaps bring copies of receipts as proof that they are personal possessions and not something she has bought while on holiday which would be subject to VAT.
HTH
Old May 16th 2018, 9:30 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Jewellary

NB bullion - which includes couns - for investment purposes purchased abroad is free of vat duty and capital gains, jewellery is not so lucky, so if you want to invest in metal - gold is in a priviledged oisition.

It is also possible to invest in real physical gold funds in uk us and ch, look at code bulp for the uk, but be careful some of these funds are scams, not physically secured daily.