Six days back

Old Jun 12th 2012, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

richardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud of
Default Six days back

We (me and the wife) arrived at Gatwick from Toronto on the morning of the 7th June via AirTransat (Great flight, I recommend the club class upgrade. Double check in weight, triple carry on and great food and drink).

We had sent a bunch of stuff air cargo and it cleared within an hour. Pick up was a breeze and then back to Leighton Buzzard to stay with relatives. Okay it took 5 hours to drive from Gatwick to LB (usual time 1.5 hours!!!!). Crazy M25.

I'm currently at my mothers in Newport Pagnell. I am loving being back, smaller roads, houses, everything looks quaint. People so friendly and seemingly genuine (not to self, pedestrians do not have right of way here).

We are hoping to move back to London post Olympics and when we get jobs. I just phoned an agency in London and they called my back within half and hour, again friendly and professional. A contrast to the 40 I called in Toronto and did not get one callback.

Off to London to visit friends next week and then to ramp up the job search. Oh yeah, on Friday I had a massive fry up for breakfast at a greasy spoon. Glorious.

M&S food tastes better than ever (shop at Tesco or I'll go bankrupt). You can buy wine at petrol stations without feeling evil (See Ontario's weird booze laws).

I love the green of this country, just glorious.

Richard
Old Jun 12th 2012, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Six days back

I`ve been back three weeks and have had more full English breakfasts than I can count, making up for five years in the US.
Welcome back! I hope the job search goes well and you get settled quickly!
Old Jun 12th 2012, 3:23 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richardm123
We (me and the wife) arrived at Gatwick from Toronto on the morning of the 7th June via AirTransat (Great flight, I recommend the club class upgrade. Double check in weight, triple carry on and great food and drink).

We had sent a bunch of stuff air cargo and it cleared within an hour. Pick up was a breeze and then back to Leighton Buzzard to stay with relatives. Okay it took 5 hours to drive from Gatwick to LB (usual time 1.5 hours!!!!). Crazy M25.

I'm currently at my mothers in Newport Pagnell. I am loving being back, smaller roads, houses, everything looks quaint. People so friendly and seemingly genuine (not to self, pedestrians do not have right of way here).

We are hoping to move back to London post Olympics and when we get jobs. I just phoned an agency in London and they called my back within half and hour, again friendly and professional. A contrast to the 40 I called in Toronto and did not get one callback.

Off to London to visit friends next week and then to ramp up the job search. Oh yeah, on Friday I had a massive fry up for breakfast at a greasy spoon. Glorious.

M&S food tastes better than ever (shop at Tesco or I'll go bankrupt). You can buy wine at petrol stations without feeling evil (See Ontario's weird booze laws).

Richard
Congratulations. Good luck with the job hunting. I love M&S too, especially their Mousakka and various salads.

All going according to plan we should be arriving on the 10th August. I can't wait for my first fry up and good walk in the hills.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 3:27 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Wherever have you people been in America? Fantastic breakfasts are readily available all across the country, even Canada has some great breakfast places.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 3:36 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Wherever have you people been in America? Fantastic breakfasts are readily available all across the country, even Canada has some great breakfast places.
Not in my neck of the woods. The only time I have had a good fry up is when I make it myself with Bacon, Black Pudding & Sausage bought from a speciality store. Not that I miss a fry up too much as I wouldn't be eating them on a regular basis, but it is nice to walk into a cafe and get the real McCoy as a treat.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 3:46 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
Not in my neck of the woods.
Where, roughly, are you?
Old Jun 12th 2012, 4:02 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Where, roughly, are you?
Calgary
Old Jun 12th 2012, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough

Gonna be nice and green with a months worth of rain in 24 hours!
Old Jun 12th 2012, 4:29 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by lf1
Calgary
<makes note not to go to Calgary>
Old Jun 12th 2012, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

It`s all in the bacon (and black pudding, sausages and, where I was, the mushrooms).
Old Jun 12th 2012, 7:02 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by jemima55
It`s all in the bacon (and black pudding, sausages and, where I was, the mushrooms).
Bacon, sausage and mushrooms can all be tracked down. Black pudding though, that's a problem. If you need the full Ulster Fry then, no, North America offers you nothing.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 7:11 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody has mentioned curry... you freaks!

Good luck with being home and getting work.

Man, i miss Waitrose but not the Clapham Junction station with the other 42 million people
Old Jun 12th 2012, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by richardm123

Richard
Richard

I wish you and your wife the best of luck.

I was going to head to Newport Pagnell but it appears I will be going further south now for work opportunities. Keep us updated.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 8:16 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Nobody has mentioned curry... you freaks!

Good luck with being home and getting work.

Man, i miss Waitrose but not the Clapham Junction station with the other 42 million people
Mmmmmm Curry. That is always on my list of must haves as soon as I get home.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Mmmmmm Curry. That is always on my list of must haves as soon as I get home.
Its on my list as well as chinese, kebab and fish supper.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.