Not settled in the UK

Old Nov 14th 2017, 7:42 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Not settled in the UK

Originally Posted by alfista1
Just an update.
My wife is feeling a little better right now although she's not sure how long she'll stay in the UK.
I believe knowing that it is possible to have an escape route and that your other half supports & understands helps enormously with feeling able to remain in a place ( country) that really has no meaning or connection for you.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 2:32 pm
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not settled in the UK

I'm sorry to hear this alfista1 and also spouse of scouse. Although I didn't feel so alone after hearing these stores.

We moved back 18 months ago from Auckland, NZ after 8+ years there. I was so sure that I needed to be back in the UK and that sense of belonging. For many the return has worked out which is wonderful, but for me and even more so our two daughters (late 20's) and DH, they would go back tomorrow if they could - the UK has changed, but also so have we - and with that combination - I just cannot settle.

That said younger DD has already applied and been accepted back to the University of Auckland to begin her final degree around March/April - flexible start and flights booked for March.

We were initially in Manchester for 8-9 months and been in Devon since January. Neither suit and the girls spent 6 months in London on their own as that was something they wanted to do. At least they've done it. Also it's not just one place, it is the whole package for us.

As for family, my mum is the main concern, but my sister only lives in Switzerland so not far and shorter time travelling than me from South Devon. DH's family - none of them really communicate - so he is desperate to return to AKL.

Sorry for the waffling, just nice to let it out... great for those it works out for, but it doesn't for us all - takes all sorts I guess!