Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I wonder if Prince Harry has to apply for spouse visa for Megan

I wonder if Prince Harry has to apply for spouse visa for Megan

Old Dec 10th 2017, 11:03 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I wonder if Prince Harry has to apply for spouse visa for Megan

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I wouldn't have thought she has, she's been working in Canada.
Yes, Suits is filmed in Canada, and she was there with Harry for the Invictus Games, they have also spent some time in Botswana together, she has visited the UK for certain things like tea with the Queen, but I really don't think she will have been here for more tan a month in total.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Benson55 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would think she can afford to go over......maybe the Queen will sponsor her.
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
Isn't there or wasn't here some rule in USA against citizen having foreign titles ?
US cannot prevent an American citizen from taking a title in another country as they have no jurisdiction overseas. The US just doesn't recognise the title, so while Megan Markle would become Duchess of whatever in the UK and legally recognised as such, to the US she would be legally Megan Windsor or whatever her last name would be. Legal US documents wouldn't recognise the "duchess" part of her name. The press of course would continue to refer to her by the British title.