Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

German pensions paid in the UK

German pensions paid in the UK

Old Jan 25th 2018, 8:49 am
Bigmac49

Bigmac49 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default German pensions paid in the UK

I will be leaving Germany in 3 months time and would like to try and sort out my state pension, my widowers pension and a company pension.
Does anyone have any experience of getting their pensions paid to a UK bank?
Are there any issues from the providers?
I am assuming that when I leave they will stop deducting my Krankenkasse amounts.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: German pensions paid in the UK

Originally Posted by jmmaclean
I will be leaving Germany in 3 months time and would like to try and sort out my state pension, my widowers pension and a company pension.
Does anyone have any experience of getting their pensions paid to a UK bank?
Are there any issues from the providers?
I am assuming that when I leave they will stop deducting my Krankenkasse amounts.
German state pension is paid where you want it paid. They will pay into a British bank. Same for widowers pension. I can confirm this from experience. Every year you need to get confirmation from, in my case German embassy, that you are still alive. Plus they will initially require confirmation from your receiving bank that any overpayment will be returned on request. It was a bit of a headache in my case to get this form signed. May be easier in U.K. Company pension may depend on company. Cannot help.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 9:12 am
Bigmac49

Bigmac49 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks that was really helpful info
Old Jan 25th 2018, 12:09 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmmaclean
Thanks that was really helpful info
As above. The payments abroad are handled by the Deutsche Post Rentenservice in Berlin.