Can any one help me???

Old Aug 13th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can any one help me???

Hi there,

Ok as you all know we are in the process of moving home to the Uk.

I have discovered that my daughters loved pet hamster would need to go into Quarenteen which is just so silly for a $5 hamster so desperatly need to find a home for her.

She is really nice and has never bitten once, very tame and is called milllie moo moo because she is black and white like a cow!

Located in NJ, can any one offer her a home?

Many thanks,
Lorna x
Old Aug 13th 2007, 10:35 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can any one help me???

Originally Posted by loopylorns
Hi there,

Ok as you all know we are in the process of moving home to the Uk.

I have discovered that my daughters loved pet hamster would need to go into Quarenteen which is just so silly for a $5 hamster so desperatly need to find a home for her.

She is really nice and has never bitten once, very tame and is called milllie moo moo because she is black and white like a cow!

Located in NJ, can any one offer her a home?

Many thanks,
Lorna x
Can't one of her friends take the hamster? They only live a couple of years, so it's not a huge commitment.

Or put a notice in the local paper. Maybe you could even try Freecycle (though not sure whether they allow animal exchange - but it's worth a shot.

Or just chat up a few people at a playground.

So when are you moving back then?
Old Aug 13th 2007, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute

^ I have been back since June 18th, David is still there tying things up.

Its a rush job as I was advised that no quarenteen was required so we arranged shipping along with the dog for Thurs this week!

Now I find it does in fact need quareteen so Im kind of stuck, tried the normal route of friends etc but no interest as yet.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 3:24 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

^ I have been back since June 18th, David is still there tying things up.

Its a rush job as I was advised that no quarenteen was required so we arranged shipping along with the dog for Thurs this week!

Now I find it does in fact need quareteen so Im kind of stuck, tried the normal route of friends etc but no interest as yet.
Have you looked into Freecyle?
Old Aug 13th 2007, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Shivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond repute

Where in NJ are you? I have a couple of animal loving friends there and can ask.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:04 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

A last resort could be the local humane society. They don't just take in dogs and cats.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Update, the shippers we used for dog took the hamster in.

Phew wot a relief, just have a sad daughter now!
Old Aug 19th 2007, 1:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The day before we moved from the UK we found out we wouldn't be able to take my daughter's hamster with us. The powers that be had suddenly put a stop on transporting rodents out of the UK because there had been a rabies scare. After a couple of phone calls one of her school friends agreed to look after the hamster. My daughter was terribly upset about the whole thing and because we thought we were only moving to the US for a year or so we couldn't even buy her a replacement.

I am please you managed to find a home for it at last...maybe now you're settled you can buy your daughter another one.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 4:16 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

How are things going back home?
Apart from the hamster......if he was an American hamster, he may not have liked the UK...no cable TV, no buffalo wings, no Bed Bath and Beyond.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 4:49 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The day before we moved from the UK we found out we wouldn't be able to take my daughter's hamster with us. The powers that be had suddenly put a stop on transporting rodents out of the UK because there had been a rabies scare. After a couple of phone calls one of her school friends agreed to look after the hamster. My daughter was terribly upset about the whole thing and because we thought we were only moving to the US for a year or so we couldn't even buy her a replacement.

I am please you managed to find a home for it at last...maybe now you're settled you can buy your daughter another one.
I'll never forget the heart wrenching scene when Son # 2 said goodbye to his hamster the day before we moved. Sadly the little fellow died less than two months later, even though I know he had the best of care from his new owner (son's teacher).
Old Aug 19th 2007, 5:42 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

I hated it when they were younger and awoke to yet another one passed on to hamster heaven.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jumping doris
How are things going back home?
Apart from the hamster......if he was an American hamster, he may not have liked the UK...no cable TV, no buffalo wings, no Bed Bath and Beyond.
Yeah its good, kind of like a dream being in the US!

I got a new car, much smaller than my 4x4 I had there, got into Uni to finish my nursing degree, decorated house in readiness for furniture (27th Sept) and picked up dog last Friday from Gatwick.

Husband came back last Weds, will be going back to install a system at work sometime and I may go with him for a few days but will see.

Things happened quckly and although we were supposed to stay the summer I never went back and as my friend was on holiday I missed her so would be nice to catch up.

Miss the cleaness and civilisation of shopping, and sometimes a meal from friendly's in Bernardsville would be good but have lost weight since back so good there.