Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Update from the Singapore Business Lounge

Update from the Singapore Business Lounge

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:39 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update from the Singapore Business Lounge

Ok for those that know me and how much I wanted to get back to the UK I thought I would let you know the decision I made.

I took the World Travel job based out of Sydney. The family did not want to make the decision to return and however unhappy that made me I would never be without them. The hardest day of my life was turning down that UK job though, I admit I shed tears, but onwards and upwards and I am not going to have regrets I whinge about now (or not often )

The new job - In the last month I have travelled back to England for a weeks holiday and put in a few days work the second week which classified it as a Business trip and therefore it was a paid Business class ticket (I paid my usual steerage costs so I started the company on the right foot with requesting the trip to the UK).

I am not going to tell you all how wonderful it was and sunny and perfect and clean and safe and how happy I was - it was all of that and more for me and my trip. But I just have to say Pollyanna....every beer, cheese taste and supermarket was a dream...absolute sad sod I am.

On the way back I stopped in Singapore for three days for an orientation trip, and then on to Manila in the Philippines for more of the same. We then decided to extend my trip after Manila with a few more days in Singapore - so now after four weeks I am heading to Sydney tonight.

The plan is for me to spend a week back with family and back out to Singapore for the month of September. I am really hoping we can find some cheap flights and get my hubby out for my Birthday at the end of Sept but they also want me in and out of Manila maybe.

So instead of crying about not being back in the UK I am working as much as possible and getting stuck in a new job....Sydney who cares about Sydney looks like I will never be there

Missing family is another thing....but been here before so will take each step as it comes.

Cheers to all
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update from the Singapore Business Lounge

Originally Posted by Sandra
I am not going to tell you all how wonderful it was and sunny and perfect and clean and safe and how happy I was - it was all of that and more for me and my trip. But I just have to say Pollyanna....every beer, cheese taste and supermarket was a dream...absolute sad sod I am.
So glad you had a fab trip...I'm jealous
Sounds like the new job is working out well though, its good to hear you sounding cheerful - giving you a new lease of life maybe? If you're not stuck in Sydney all the time everything may seem brighter, and the chance to travel so much is great. Who knows what'll happen in the future.....Business trips to Sainsbruys to test the cheese Perhaps?