Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What is Dubai REALLY like to live in?

What is Dubai REALLY like to live in?

Old Nov 15th 2003, 9:33 am
Just Joined

shoegaluk is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile What is Dubai REALLY like to live in?

Hi There,

I am just after people's honest and varried opinions as to what it is REALLY like to live in Dubai, i would be grateful to any resposes to this message.

Thanks.
Old Nov 16th 2003, 8:30 am

philipz is on a distinguished road

well in my opinion it is the best middle eastern country to live in, as it is continously developing, has a number of cinemas with quite recently released american movies, has 2 golf courses, and more. It is an excellent mix of western and middle eastern society.
Old Nov 26th 2003, 4:43 am
Just Joined

loadmaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face dubai

This might sound like a stupid question, but is dubai a country or is it just a city? I,m in canada and am currently looking for work over there to make some good tax free $.
Old Nov 27th 2003, 5:16 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

Dubai is both an Emirate and a city in the country called the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It is one of seven, the others of which are Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain and the capital of the UAE, Abu Dhabi. There are two other cities of which you hear, the summer city of Al Ain on the border of Oman and Khor Fukhan in Fujairah. You will see variances on spellings as it is a phonetic language.