Reload this Page >

Transferring money to UK

Transferring money to UK

Old Nov 26th 2012, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

stoobb is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Transferring money to UK

Hi,

I am trying to transfer money to my UK account but I want to find out the charges beforehand as I don't want to get stung.

Does anyone know a cost effective way of transferring money from my Saudi account to my UK account?

Or can you tell me the charges from SAMBA bank and Barclays Bank please?

It would be a great help if you could

Thanks.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 4:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transferring money to UK

Tried asking them?
Old Nov 27th 2012, 5:05 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stoobb
Hi,

I am trying to transfer money to my UK account but I want to find out the charges beforehand as I don't want to get stung.

Does anyone know a cost effective way of transferring money from my Saudi account to my UK account?

Or can you tell me the charges from SAMBA bank and Barclays Bank please?

It would be a great help if you could

Thanks.
If you'd like to contant me (via PM or the link in my signature below) I can give you details of the currency exchange service I use personally and for all my clients. It'll give you better rates that you'll get from your bank and there are no fees. Be aware that even if the banks has low, or no, fees they'll sting you on the exchange rate.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 10:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

From memory a transfer bank to bank cost 100 SR. One of the delights - at least in KSA - was going to one of gthe moneychanges and watching them changing suitcases of foreign currency. In the Middle East a lot of people still prefer CASH !
Old Nov 28th 2012, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Jackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bob
Tried asking them?
Old Nov 28th 2012, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Ash786 is an unknown quantity at this point

My company transfer my salary monthly to my UK account as I dont have an account in Saudi. Same goes for any expenses that I claim back. Natwest charge me 7GBP per transaction irrespective of the value of the amount being transferred
Old Nov 30th 2012, 11:46 am
Banned

A007A is an unknown quantity at this point

Bilal Travel Money is best for Transferring money to UK
Old Nov 30th 2012, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

Shawshanker is an unknown quantity at this point

Ask your UK bank what the charges are to receive USD and see if that works out cheaper/better. You can usually find local banks to convert Gulf currencies to USD at excellent rates since they're pegged to the yanks, however their rates to the auld boss' GBP are often pretty poor.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 1:16 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

No one gets the best rates from their bank...
Old Nov 30th 2012, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The bank gets the best rate from ALL OF US !
Old Nov 30th 2012, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

Shawshanker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Meow
No one gets the best rates from their bank...
they were the best i could find for USD conversion - is there any particular place that gives el-cheapo rates? as long as its not the black market dealers who turn out to be rozzas

Last edited by Shawshanker; Nov 30th 2012 at 3:18 pm. Reason: adding caveat!
Old Dec 1st 2012, 6:31 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Shawshanker
they were the best i could find for USD conversion - is there any particular place that gives el-cheapo rates? as long as its not the black market dealers who turn out to be rozzas
Yes. Per previous posts you'd have to contact me...
Old Dec 4th 2012, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

OingoBoingo is an unknown quantity at this point

Try Moneycorp.com. I've used them several times transferring from money from the UK to US and they have always given me a much better rate than any bank in the UK.

I am in the same process as you are. I just contacted them and their rate was about 5.85 SAR/£ and a transfer fee of £5.00. I am open to suggestions as well if anyone knows of a better service...
Old Dec 5th 2012, 5:10 am
Bored liberal

How much clearer can I make it?
Old Dec 5th 2012, 8:03 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
How much clearer can I make it?
You could always tell them to CONTACT YOU Maybe they dont know about PM's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.