British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Transferring money to UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/transferring-money-uk-778831/)

stoobb Nov 26th 2012 4:18 pm

Transferring money to UK

Hi,

I am trying to transfer money to my UK account but I want to find out the charges beforehand as I don't want to get stung.

Does anyone know a cost effective way of transferring money from my Saudi account to my UK account?

Or can you tell me the charges from SAMBA bank and Barclays Bank please?

It would be a great help if you could :thumbsup:

Thanks.

Bob Nov 26th 2012 4:48 pm

Re: Transferring money to UK

Tried asking them?

Meow Nov 27th 2012 5:05 am

Originally Posted by stoobb (Post 10402108)
Hi,

I am trying to transfer money to my UK account but I want to find out the charges beforehand as I don't want to get stung.

Does anyone know a cost effective way of transferring money from my Saudi account to my UK account?

Or can you tell me the charges from SAMBA bank and Barclays Bank please?

It would be a great help if you could :thumbsup:

Thanks.

If you'd like to contant me (via PM or the link in my signature below) I can give you details of the currency exchange service I use personally and for all my clients. It'll give you better rates that you'll get from your bank and there are no fees. Be aware that even if the banks has low, or no, fees they'll sting you on the exchange rate.

scot47 Nov 27th 2012 10:16 pm

From memory a transfer bank to bank cost 100 SR. One of the delights - at least in KSA - was going to one of gthe moneychanges and watching them changing suitcases of foreign currency. In the Middle East a lot of people still prefer CASH !

Jackwow Nov 28th 2012 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 10402154)
Tried asking them?

:goodpost:

Ash786 Nov 28th 2012 12:25 pm

My company transfer my salary monthly to my UK account as I dont have an account in Saudi. Same goes for any expenses that I claim back. Natwest charge me 7GBP per transaction irrespective of the value of the amount being transferred

A007A Nov 30th 2012 11:46 am

Bilal Travel Money is best for Transferring money to UK

Shawshanker Nov 30th 2012 12:41 pm

Ask your UK bank what the charges are to receive USD and see if that works out cheaper/better. You can usually find local banks to convert Gulf currencies to USD at excellent rates since they're pegged to the yanks, however their rates to the auld boss' GBP are often pretty poor.

Meow Nov 30th 2012 1:16 pm

No one gets the best rates from their bank...

scot47 Nov 30th 2012 2:25 pm

The bank gets the best rate from ALL OF US !

Shawshanker Nov 30th 2012 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10409402)
No one gets the best rates from their bank...

they were the best i could find for USD conversion - is there any particular place that gives el-cheapo rates? as long as its not the black market dealers who turn out to be rozzas

Meow Dec 1st 2012 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Shawshanker (Post 10409569)
they were the best i could find for USD conversion - is there any particular place that gives el-cheapo rates? as long as its not the black market dealers who turn out to be rozzas

Yes. Per previous posts you'd have to contact me...

OingoBoingo Dec 4th 2012 5:54 pm

Try Moneycorp.com. I've used them several times transferring from money from the UK to US and they have always given me a much better rate than any bank in the UK.

I am in the same process as you are. I just contacted them and their rate was about 5.85 SAR/£ and a transfer fee of £5.00. I am open to suggestions as well if anyone knows of a better service...

Meow Dec 5th 2012 5:10 am

How much clearer can I make it? :confused:

rowell Dec 5th 2012 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10416550)
How much clearer can I make it? :confused:

You could always tell them to CONTACT YOU:D Maybe they dont know about PM's