Ramadan greetings

Old Jul 6th 2014, 3:29 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ramadan greetings

Originally Posted by OleJanx
I wonder why, with redminnow it is the staightest questions that get the most serpentine responses. With his level of waffle, he should be in Politics. Local government always appears to have a great number of people like him, who when questioned, doesn't reply, but says "That's an interesting question! Now let me ask YOU a question..." i.e. if you don't like a question, change the subject. Jeremy Paxman and Michael Howard springs to mind every time I see one of redminnow's postings. Sometimes amusing in the way they are off-the-wall and irrelevant, and ultimately hollow.

But an exquisite form of trolling and he gets a bite every time.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 3:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
You really are clueless about evolution. It is not some goal driven process to bigger, better, stronger. It is adapting to fit a niche and stay alive for longer than other species without your adaptation(s).
and reproduce.

It is a sci-fi misconception as well, that 'dominant' genes are better.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 4:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Where do you live Redfish?
Old Jul 6th 2014, 5:26 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

It is adapting to fit a niche and stay alive for longer than other species without your adaptation(s).
that would be lamarkism and no just no
Old Jul 6th 2014, 5:30 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
Yes faiths do have a common origin. All faiths around the world (except for one) are mutations from the original pure revelations from the creator. So yes, the origin of divine faiths is one.

As for ‘religion and faith are dead and dying’ I wonder Where you got that idea from!! Linen had that idea before you and did his best to prove it by brutal force before the Russian people later on proved him that he was horribly wrong. Religions have always been around since time immoral. Two things were actually born when man first appeared on this earth, religion and wars, they are integral parts of human life.

And what is the point of bringing Gilgamesh into discussion? But since you seem to be a big fan of his let me tell you what he wrote in his epic then. He actually mentioned the big flood event and that was much, much earlier than the Bible did. His epic was the first human documented laws in history.
i suggest you re read my post and try to understand it this time.
It's LENIN

You don't know what the epic of Gilgamesh is do you.

I also suggest a look at the history of law
Old Jul 6th 2014, 9:21 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Where do you live Redfish?
It would be a first if redminnow answered any direct question.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I should know better, but it's like scratching an insect bite -you know you should leave it alone, but you keep at it until you draw blood...
Old Jul 6th 2014, 9:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Meow
It would be a first if redminnow answered any direct question.
Gotta be worth a try though, I've probably asked before or tried. I'm just curious really.

My answer would be one word, as most probably, so let us see...
Old Jul 6th 2014, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

My answer would be one word, as most probably, so let us see...
....you...
Old Jul 6th 2014, 9:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by OleJanx
....you...
....next....Tuesday....?
Old Jul 6th 2014, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

....next....Tuesday....?
Old Jul 6th 2014, 2:50 pm
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Christians and Jews believe the first four books of the bible were compiled by Moses after direct revelation from God. Nowhere is it suggested Adam wrote anything since he is a character in the writings of Moses. It is likely that in reality the writings of Moses are based on early verbal stories and borrowings of surrounding legends from Mesopotamia. Just as the Koran is based on Gnostic Christianity and Arabian pagan legends the bible is based on early things with bits added, taken away and updated.

Gilgamesh does indeed pre-date the bible - any bible scholar can tell you that.

It must be hard basing one's entire identity on a flawed book. Even harder to put the supposed writer of that book above every other human being that has lived before or will live after.

N.
It is actually undecided if Gilgamesh pre-dates the bible. There is certainly no consensus amongst bible scholars. What is pretty certain though is that Genesis is a patchwork of older written texts and stories passed down. Very likely the same stories Gilgamesh is based on. Genesis does however mention Adams lineage which would highly likely have been written down, along with a poem directly accredited to Adam (Flesh of my flesh etc). So whilst it could be disputed that Gilgamesh is the older book, the source material for Genesis contains texts that date far back as the first man on earth.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 6:24 pm
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Fossildog
It is actually undecided if Gilgamesh pre-dates the bible. There is certainly no consensus amongst bible scholars. What is pretty certain though is that Genesis is a patchwork of older written texts and stories passed down. Very likely the same stories Gilgamesh is based on. Genesis does however mention Adams lineage which would highly likely have been written down, along with a poem directly accredited to Adam (Flesh of my flesh etc). So whilst it could be disputed that Gilgamesh is the older book, the source material for Genesis contains texts that date far back as the first man on earth.
What? Just what......

The tablets upon which the epic of Gilgamesh is written pre date Christianity, the birth of christ and the old testament by near two thousand years. So pretty much as separated from the alleged writing of the bible as we are today!

You sir are talking pish, utter, distilled and the purest of pish
Old Jul 6th 2014, 6:57 pm
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
What? Just what......

The tablets upon which the epic of Gilgamesh is written pre date Christianity, the birth of christ and the old testament by near two thousand years. So pretty much as separated from the alleged writing of the bible as we are today!

You sir are talking pish, utter, distilled and the purest of pish
You didn't read what I wrote.

Gilgamesh was a Sumerian king who ruled around 2500bc, so he was a contemporary of Abraham or Job. The Gilgamesh epic is believed to have been written between 2000 - 1400bc (nobody knows for sure). The accounts recorded in genesis are believed to include oral traditions and parts of ancient manuscripts from pre flood times. So although Moses (and others) compiled Genesis around 1500bc the basis of the book is far older than that.

Anyway, Gilgamesh was meant to have ruled for over 120 years so not sure how reliable anything is that happened over 4000 years ago.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

You know what, I actually didn’t know this word ‘Trolling’ until I joined this group. I tried to understand what it actually means from the replies I get to my posts so now what I gather is this :

Trolling = An act of upsetting a person or a group and causing them great headaches by merely challenging their long held ideas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.