Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

morning after pill

morning after pill

Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: morning after pill

Originally Posted by Roadking
PM me her details, it's always good to know who puts out.

hehehehe
Old May 23rd 2009, 8:01 am
Just Joined

ShdHvKnwnBttr is just really niceShdHvKnwnBttr is just really niceShdHvKnwnBttr is just really niceShdHvKnwnBttr is just really niceShdHvKnwnBttr is just really niceShdHvKnwnBttr is just really niceShdHvKnwnBttr is just really niceShdHvKnwnBttr is just really nice

Hi - I'm in a similar spot and I;m posting a few times here in order to be able to PM you for any tips you might have in addition to those on the thread...
Old May 23rd 2009, 8:05 am
Just Joined

ShdHvKnwnBttr is just really niceShdHvKnwnBttr is just really niceShdHvKnwnBttr is just really niceShdHvKnwnBttr is just really niceShdHvKnwnBttr is just really niceShdHvKnwnBttr is just really niceShdHvKnwnBttr is just really niceShdHvKnwnBttr is just really nice

I;ve spent all morning wandering around hospitals, doctors and pharmacies in Abu Dhabi and the deal is that basically docs do not prescribe the morning after pill. Some pharmacies may have it in stock and apparently will sell to you if they do have it although I didn.t find anyone with it. The closest I came was anice woman who said they were out of stock. I think Indian-run pharmacies are the best bet. My favourite quote was from one Arab pharmacist, who advised me to "wait and see" if pregnancy occurred...
Old May 23rd 2009, 8:07 am
Just Joined

I have however been able to obtain some contraceptive pills over the counter - there - Logynon, which has the same ingredients as Microgynon, which has been discontinued.
Old May 23rd 2009, 8:12 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ShdHvKnwnBttr
I have however been able to obtain some contraceptive pills over the counter - there - Logynon, which has the same ingredients as Microgynon, which has been discontinued.
anaecdotal evidence says that the microgynon mix (4x pills twice, 12 hours apart) works. do you're google trick and there's plenty of information to back it up, however the stats usually point to 75% of the time.

best bet is to get onto it now and have a chat with a doctor to confirm any advice (success rates reduce significantly after 4 days)

the google search you want is "post-coital contraceptive" and chuck in microgynon and/or the ingredients.

(am not a doctor/quack - just experienced )
Old May 24th 2009, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

panic stations are all over....my mate came on her period last week and so all is good.
Old May 25th 2009, 4:40 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
panic stations are all over....my mate came on her period last week and so all is good.
Old May 25th 2009, 6:07 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Has she done a test?
I have heard you can still have periods throughout ....
Old May 25th 2009, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
Has she done a test?
I have heard you can still have periods throughout ....
Yep she a took test just a couple of days before she got her period. Negative
Old May 25th 2009, 10:19 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Yep she a took test just a couple of days before she got her period. Negative
I am really happy you didn't have to, I mean your 'mate' didn't have to go through any further stress. Good learning for the future.
Old May 26th 2009, 3:46 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShdHvKnwnBttr
I;ve spent all morning wandering around hospitals, doctors and pharmacies in Abu Dhabi and the deal is that basically docs do not prescribe the morning after pill. Some pharmacies may have it in stock and apparently will sell to you if they do have it although I didn.t find anyone with it. The closest I came was anice woman who said they were out of stock. I think Indian-run pharmacies are the best bet. My favourite quote was from one Arab pharmacist, who advised me to "wait and see" if pregnancy occurred...

I wonder why they wont prescribe the morning after pill? It is not an abortion pill,
Old May 26th 2009, 3:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

We prefer the term "emergency contraception" as it helps remind people that it works for longer than the morning after...ie it can work up to 72 hours after the first unprotected sexual intercourse in a monthly cycle.

The copper coil can provide non-hormonal emergency contraception, and can be inserted (in the UK at least) for up to five days from the latest likely ovulation date, which is 14 days before menstruation is due. (From memory)

I'm including this information in case it is of use in a future search.
Old May 26th 2009, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Edo
I am really happy you didn't have to, I mean your 'mate' didn't have to go through any further stress. Good learning for the future.
mate IF it was me, i certainly wouldnt be shouting it from the roof tops on a forum like this
Old May 26th 2009, 11:40 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

mate IF it was me, i certainly wouldnt be shouting it from the roof tops on a forum like this
Actually I realised it wasnt you so I corrected my sentence later on when I said '....I mean.........'

Last edited by Edo; May 26th 2009 at 1:35 pm.