Reload this Page >

"limit" on visit visas

"limit" on visit visas

Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Spike80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "limit" on visit visas

Hi,

Anyone heard of a limit applied to visit visas. I remember there was talk that you couldn't have 2 in a row and a friend told me yesterday that they said at the Al Ain border post that because he had 4 previous visit visas he couldn't get another one in the future.

Anyone any experience of this beyond what is rumours and hearsay ??
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "limit" on visit visas

Originally Posted by Spike80
Hi,

Anyone heard of a limit applied to visit visas. I remember there was talk that you couldn't have 2 in a row and a friend told me yesterday that they said at the Al Ain border post that because he had 4 previous visit visas he couldn't get another one in the future.

http://www.gulfnews.com/uaessentials.../10067130.html

There is a lot of talk on the visit visa front.
Laws have apparently been brought in since that article was issued to further restrict the amount of visit visas a person can be issued consecutively (I believe it is 2 now), but I could not find anything on a quick search.

Since the workers amnesty, there is a general policy of forcing workers here onto official work visas, rather than turning a blind eye to visit visa status.

How much of it is being enforced is anyones guess, as I am sure many people will have wildly differing accounts.
The best bet would be to go with the law, then you have no problem.
When you get a job, ensure your employer will issue you with a resident visa.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 10:27 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Ive renewed mine 4 times since July.
1) a UK trip for 3wks
2) a 1month extension don e @ embassy here.
3) a Oman border quick turnaround trip and
4) a uk trip for 10 days

I am still here but visa up end of month??
Old Apr 14th 2008, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
Ive renewed mine 4 times since July.
1) a UK trip for 3wks
2) a 1month extension don e @ embassy here.
3) a Oman border quick turnaround trip and
4) a uk trip for 10 days

I am still here but visa up end of month??
lets hope you aren't packing for a long british summer...
Old Apr 14th 2008, 10:33 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
lets hope you aren't packing for a long british summer...
What you mean 3 months in the cool uk summertime
being waited on hand and foot by my mummy.
No Jun/Jul/Aug swellting desert heat
Out on the town everyweekend with my chums from home.
No housework......Hmmmmmmmmm!!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Spike80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
What you mean 3 months in the cool uk summertime
being waited on hand and foot by my mummy.
No Jun/Jul/Aug swellting desert heat
Out on the town everyweekend with my chums from home.
No housework......Hmmmmmmmmm!!
I guess the two times is the actual law and its just not enforced as it should be. and the Al Ain border post, well who knows what happens there, who does a visa run there anyway???
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Desert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really nice

The limit is 2 months but its not enforced, if you stay longer without rebewing you pay a fine on exit of AED100 per day. It can be extended for up to a month for AED500.

However, easy to just nip to the border and pay AED200 to go in and out of Oman, that's if you go by car.

There doesn't seem to be any restriction on the number of times you can come in and out, we have guys who visit every couple of weeks from the uk and must have come in and out 20 times a year without any bother.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 12:11 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I understand that it is yet another ones of those issues that depends on your nationality...
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:19 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Facts are that this doesn't apply to the nationalities who get automatic visas upon entry as there are many people who have been here for years without issue. Those who need to apply for visas are subject to this rule but I know that again will also depend on nationality.

It is always advisable to get a residence visa though because it makes life much easier...if they wanted to immigration could apply the rule if they don't like you! You're better protected with a residence visa and being sponsored by a company isn't the only way to get one (you can set up a trade license etc) if you are here but not wanting to work officially for anyone.

I know quite a few Brits who have been on residence visas for several years and it's just a big pain in the arse and should be avoided if you can help it.

N.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Facts are that this doesn't apply to the nationalities who get automatic visas upon entry as there are many people who have been here for years without issue. Those who need to apply for visas are subject to this rule but I know that again will also depend on nationality.

It is always advisable to get a residence visa though because it makes life much easier...if they wanted to immigration could apply the rule if they don't like you! You're better protected with a residence visa and being sponsored by a company isn't the only way to get one (you can set up a trade license etc) if you are here but not wanting to work officially for anyone.

I know quite a few Brits who have been on residence visas for several years and it's just a big pain in the arse and should be avoided if you can help it.

N.
I was tempted to drop my old company in it with the Immigration people for employing Indians/Pakistani's without Residence permits. But decided against it as I had no gripe with those individuals.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:25 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

The only time I have come across this was trying to get 8 or 9 guys into Abu Dhabi for a training course...

All bar one had a GCC residency of some sort, the last guy was a Romanian/Canadian. We were advised that AD was not issuing visit visa's full stop and so had to arrange for a visit visa in DXB, fly him in there and drive him thru to AD......
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:27 am
Here comes the Sun

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
The only time I have come across this was trying to get 8 or 9 guys into Abu Dhabi for a training course...

All bar one had a GCC residency of some sort, the last guy was a Romanian/Canadian. We were advised that AD was not issuing visit visa's full stop and so had to arrange for a visit visa in DXB, fly him in there and drive him thru to AD......
Theres always one!!!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:30 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
It is always advisable to get a residence visa though because it makes life much easier...
N.
Slight contradiction here or was it a keyboard processing error?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lionheart
a slip of the mouse, no doubt
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:41 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
The official term for it is called typing posts whilst talking on the phone...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.