HSBC

Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HSBC

Originally Posted by Meow
Would I lie?
Would you be lying if you said that you always tell the truth?
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:05 pm
Expert

The Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Well,you should switch to Barclays.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:48 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Man
Well,you should switch to Barclays.

April Fools Day is 1st April
Old Mar 20th 2008, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

April Fools Day is 1st April
Pros and cons please...
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Biene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Spugsy
What a load of balls they are.

I've been trying to transfer some cash from my HSBC account over here to my HSBC account back home, internet banking thing I can view details but when I try and send the cash it does nowt, also when I ring up they say there is some problem and they can't transfer it - this has been going on for 3 days.

Oh and my ATM card is just that, ATM only, do they not do debit cards over here? Or do you need to use a credit card for paying for stuff?
The HSBC here and The HSBC in the UK are not connected.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 8:31 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Pros and cons please...

You'll have to find your own prostitutes and convicts....
Old Mar 21st 2008, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

You'll have to find your own prostitutes and convicts....
I thought you knew what pros and cons meant...
Where did you say you got your certs from,Park and Shop???
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:35 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by NedKelly63
Just a thought, but how much are you trying to transfer? I know that Natwest have an upper limit of £10,000 for an online transfer. Maybe HSBC do something similar?
£10,000 is the max in any one day which can be transfered unless you are an authorised broker etc - this is due to anto money laundering laws in the UK.

In the UAE you think you are transfering online but infact you are not. Transfers are all done manually. We do ours thorugh telephone banking wih HSBC out of Dubai.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:40 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Confucius
The majority of the banks give out debit cards which can also be used to buy stuff.In the HSBC's case, they ONLY issue ATM cards to withdraw money...
Your gripe is with HSBC,which is a British Bank after all,nothing to do with how things are done here...

Your out of date HSBC stands for Hongkong & Shanghi Banking Corporation. It is not a British Bank at all.

It used to be the British Bank of the Middle East - Midland Bank in the UK, but has been HSBC for about the last 8 - 9 years.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ray2gill
Your out of date HSBC stands for Hongkong & Shanghi Banking Corporation. It is not a British Bank at all.

It used to be the British Bank of the Middle East - Midland Bank in the UK, but has been HSBC for about the last 8 - 9 years.
Until today, the perception is that it is a British Bank, the legacy of BBME lives on...
You should consider my perspective, which is that of a Lebanese person,not a Brit...
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

gt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ray2gill

The 'British Bank of the Middle East' has actually been a part of the HSBC group since 1959.

HSBC only brought their first stake in Midland Bank in 1987 before taking full control of it in 1999.

Its only a few years ago that HSBC decided to ditch its dozens of 'historic' brand names and rebrand them all as HSBC..

Having said that I think HSBC has always been considered an British bank - having been founded by a Scot to fund trade between the UK and Hong Kong.. a bit like Standard Chartered is also 'British'

Regards
Sunil
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by gt94sss2
The 'British Bank of the Middle East' has actually been a part of the HSBC group since 1959.

HSBC only brought their first stake in Midland Bank in 1987 before taking full control of it in 1999.

Its only a few years ago that HSBC decided to ditch its dozens of 'historic' brand names and rebrand them all as HSBC..

Having said that I think HSBC has always been considered an British bank - having been founded by a Scot to fund trade between the UK and Hong Kong.. a bit like Standard Chartered is also 'British'

Regards
Sunil
Aye exactly...I heard they were a Singapore bank...Fullerton/Asia Financial connection...
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

gt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by gt94sss2
HSBC only brought their first stake in Midland Bank in 1987 before taking full control of it in..
1992 I meant!

Regards
Sunil