Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Four countries cut links with Qatar over 'terrorism' support

Four countries cut links with Qatar over 'terrorism' support

Old Jun 6th 2017, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Four countries cut links with Qatar over 'terrorism' support

you all talk about the UAE/KSA cutting off supplies...however i am sure Iran will come to the aid of Qatar
Old Jun 6th 2017, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing. Except that there's no direct flights between Qatar and UAE regardless of the airline.

I'd have to fly via Kuwait or Muscat, which turns a quick hour long jaunt into a 5-7 hour journey, not including airport time.

Originally Posted by mission
what's wrong with taking another airline?
Old Jun 6th 2017, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Philippines is blocking new workers from going to Qatar.

Whoa. This is now serious. Who's going to scrub the toilets now?
Old Jun 6th 2017, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH

Old Jun 6th 2017, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH

next we will hear that the people traffickers have joined the club.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
apparently still works if you have a satellite dish so only us cable schmucks with du and Etisalat are cut off. Of course I'm sure their customer service will as efficient, friendly and helpful on this issue as they are on all others.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 1:46 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
with hope they will cut the internet off to Qatar. I think all of their cables to Qatar land or branch in the UAE/KSA first.
The final straw.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
The final straw.
Yeh. Cut the Netflix lines and people get pussy.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 1:57 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Yeh. Cut the Netflix lines and people get pussy.
Huh? Assuming you meant pissy, I think the same and more applies to BeIN sports, much beloved of locals here, many of whom I know were never happy that UAE had allowed the Qataris to corner the sports TV market. AD Sports never sustained the financial muscle to hang onto PL football and a few other events that it had - kind of typical AD to make a big initial splash and then beat a slow inevitable retreat: think Masdar, mega-museums, WOMAD (anybody remember that?) etc.

I note that a link on the National to it's own article on the suspension of this service in the UAE is no longer available. Also, the chatterers on Dubai Eye sports report were audibly jittery in avoiding a question about where the French Open could be viewed - eventually saying that it wasn't on TV. That suggests to me that the powers that be do not want this subject discussed...
Old Jun 6th 2017, 2:01 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

This is fascinating. It suggests to me that the Emir of Qatar is being censored by forces within his own country who want to appease the Saudis. I find it hard to disagree with any of the comments that the Emir is reported to have made, though he is surprisingly directly insolent about Trump which maybe supports the hacking contention. The GN report itself seems confused switching from an initial direct report of the Emir's supposed comments to a later contention that is was due to hacking...

Qatar emir rejects terror label | GulfNews.com
Old Jun 6th 2017, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Huh? Assuming you meant pissy, I think the same and more applies to BeIN sports, much beloved of locals here, many of whom I know were never happy that UAE had allowed the Qataris to corner the sports TV market. AD Sports never sustained the financial muscle to hang onto PL football and a few other events that it had - kind of typical AD to make a big initial splash and then beat a slow inevitable retreat: think Masdar, mega-museums, WOMAD (anybody remember that?) etc.

I note that a link on the National to it's own article on the suspension of this service in the UAE is no longer available. Also, the chatterers on Dubai Eye sports report were audibly jittery in avoiding a question about where the French Open could be viewed - eventually saying that it wasn't on TV. That suggests to me that the powers that be do not want this subject discussed...
Autocorrect. Clearly I must type pussy more often than I do pissy ...
Old Jun 7th 2017, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

OK it's 3 years old but I do miss the Pan-Arabia Enquirer.

Qatar to bar Saudis, Bahrainis and Emiratis from Harrods
Old Jun 7th 2017, 9:57 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

And now Mauritania has cut ties. The horror! Will this be the proverbial straw that gets Qatar to apologise or backtrack?

Old Jun 7th 2017, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

It's no joke.

Holders of Qatar visas are now banned from entering the UAE. This includes proud holders of UK passports.

Never thought I'd be banned from entering a country. Wow.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

In related news, two big Asian shipping companies are suspending shipping to Qatar until this thing is sorted out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.