Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Different Ethnicities in Dubai

Different Ethnicities in Dubai

Old Nov 8th 2014, 8:39 am
peterparker

Sabi Star is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Different Ethnicities in Dubai

Not Bassingbourne-cum-Kneesworth at the moment!
Old Nov 8th 2014, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Abdussalam
Dear nottmbantam,

Why did you said that? I'm a Saudi man and proudly to be Muslim without hate other religions. For your words, I have shocking and sadness now. Read the following and it's written By Mandi Lynn:

Never in a million years did I imagine my life would lead me to a living in Saudi Arabia, but at times I'm glad it did. Life here has opened my eyes to the magnificence that lies beyond my bubble of comfort and familiarity back home. Stepping outside that comfort zone and living in Saudi Arabia has ignited a passion for travel and adventure that I wouldn't have known I had otherwise.

I encourage anyone who's ever given the opportunity to travel or work here to jump at the chance. See what could potentially be on your list of reasons why life in Saudi Arabia could be your best life yet!

See "Top 5 Reasons why Living in Saudi Arabia is great!" By: Mandi Lynn at Top 5 Reasons why Living in Saudi Arabia is great! - Expat Contest
Hi and welcome to the Board. Firstly, I apologise if I offended you , that was not an intention.

My comment is based on living here in KSA for over 6 years. I have seen and observed many practices that are simply not reflective of a forward moving and progressive society. With that in mind, I would recommend that to an individual living in Dubai, to remain there for the time being. Whilst I also acknowledge that UAE is far from a perfect society, there is at least far more available to live a freer lifestyle than in KSA. A direct like for like comparison is - OMHO - based on Dubai being a 'better' place to live than Saudi.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 2:32 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Abdussalam
Dear nottmbantam,

Why did you said that? I'm a Saudi man and proudly to be Muslim without hate other religions. For your words, I have shocking and sadness now. Read the following and it's written By Mandi Lynn:

Never in a million years did I imagine my life would lead me to a living in Saudi Arabia, but at times I'm glad it did. Life here has opened my eyes to the magnificence that lies beyond my bubble of comfort and familiarity back home. Stepping outside that comfort zone and living in Saudi Arabia has ignited a passion for travel and adventure that I wouldn't have known I had otherwise.

I encourage anyone who's ever given the opportunity to travel or work here to jump at the chance. See what could potentially be on your list of reasons why life in Saudi Arabia could be your best life yet!

See "Top 5 Reasons why Living in Saudi Arabia is great!" By: Mandi Lynn at Top 5 Reasons why Living in Saudi Arabia is great! - Expat Contest
If you actually comprehend Mandi Lyn’s article you’ll realise the following:

She faces annoyances and inconveniences living in Saudi because she is a woman. This in itself is a direct criticism of attitudes and laws in the country.

Her top reason for being there is the money.

Saudi has deserts and beaches and at least 4 cities worth visiting.

Saudi has good chicken and rice.

There are many foreigners there.

She can tell people back home how crazy it is.

I wonder if you’re familiar with the expression “damned by faint praise”.

Art, culture, freedom of thought, freedom of expression, freedom of enquiry, freedom of religion, freedom of movement, racial equality, sexual equality, rule of law, philanthropy, equal opportunities … lack or absence of those things are what makes everyone else shocked and sad.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

Sharjah has more Arab Expatriates than Dubai....Maybe you could find Sharjah to be better in that respect, however the traffic situation in Sharjah is bad....
Old Nov 20th 2014, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debowing
Sharjah has more Arab Expatriates than Dubai....Maybe you could find Sharjah to be better in that respect, however the traffic situation in Sharjah is bad....
mostly due to the arab expat drivers.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 4:58 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful
Will you give us Xmas Eve/Day, New Years Eve/Day off work? Or will you deny us it whilst travelling to our countries and being freely offered opportunity to your religious holidays!!!
It's their country they can do what they want. No one forced you to go there so you can't really complain about it.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 6:50 am
Just Joined

jaw101ie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all,
I am living in Warqa now, and I have found that the areas with the largest Arab expat populations are Mirdif (where I will be moving soon), Warqa, Muhaisnah, Mizhar, Rashidiya and to a certain extent Barsha, Mizmar and generally the areas which are more on the periphery or suburban Dubai. The centre is mixed. Thanks for the advice to everyone.
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 6:17 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
And when we talk (just talk, let alone do) of doing half the things they do in our countries we are called racists by outsiders and our own people.

Funny old world isn't it?

N.
Do you want to explain what you mean by that? What things do 'we' talk of doing that 'they' do in our country?

Who is 'we' and who is 'they'?
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 6:19 am

I stand by my original point and it applies to any country really. If there are things that you don't like about it and it bothers you that much then you can always go somewhere else more suitable for you.