Kuwait expat life.

Old Sep 16th 2016, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all
Default Kuwait expat life.

I have an offer of 6 months in Kuwait. I will be accompanied by my wife we are in our 60s. We last lived in Kuwait in 90s. What is expat life like there these days? Is there a reanoble active expat community.
Old Sep 17th 2016, 6:46 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kuwait expat life.

Originally Posted by gottheTshirt
I have an offer of 6 months in Kuwait. I will be accompanied by my wife we are in our 60s. We last lived in Kuwait in 90s. What is expat life like there these days? Is there a reanoble active expat community.
I don't live there, but know plenty of people who do. They all say that the recent ranking as worst (joint with KSA) country for expats in the world is fully deserved.

BUT...

If the money is good then why not? You say it's only 6 months anyway..

Last edited by norsk; Sep 17th 2016 at 6:47 am. Reason: spelling
Old Sep 18th 2016, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Thanks. For the reply. Actually we have lived in Kuwait and. kSA in tbe past and also in worse locations. _ sudan, afghanastan, yemen etc so we have no issues with being in Kuwait. Just wonderng if therevwas any community there thes days.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

We were in Kuwait for a while around 2010 - 2011 and it was fine. As you have lived there before you will be aware of the driving and the notorious Ring roads scattered with various wrecks of cars along the way on a daily basis. We lived in Salmiya and that's a good place to live. We were members of the Corniche Club so there were lots of activities to join in if you wanted to. I found the shopping better that UAE and liked the fact that it was less touristy like the old days in UAE Looking back I have to say that I quite liked Kuwait but didn't think so at the time.