Edex or Global Teach

Old Feb 1st 2016, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

jreid2745 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Edex or Global Teach

I'm looking for a teaching TESOL job in Saudi. Has anyone had a good experience with Education Experts (Edex) or Global Teach Ltd? Run by James Wells. Anyone recommend them? Thank you.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Edex or Global Teach

Edex gets bad reviews on Daves ESLcafe. I have never heard of the other one. The better jobs with decent working conditions are with State Universities or the military sector. Subcontractors like EDEX make their money by paying you as little as possible.
If you are qualified and have experience try www.kfupm.edu.sa
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

jreid2745 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Scot, reply appreciated.
Old Feb 5th 2016, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Same director involved that kept closing down companies after taking £500 for visa purposes and leaving people out of pocket?

ESL Jobs Forum - View topic - Education Experts is making its move
Old Mar 9th 2016, 7:09 am
Just Joined

clydeS is an unknown quantity at this point

I avoid all the recruiters and write directly to the schools.
Old Mar 13th 2016, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Biggest payer in this sector used to be BAe. I avoided them - and the mammoth salaries they used to pay in favour of a more laid-back environment in Civvy Street. If you think military is bad, wait until you try the military in a Saudi environment.

Another big payer USED to be SAUDI ARAMCO, but they have very few direct hire jobs now. It is mainly done through sub-contractors, who maximise their income by minimising yours.

I expect another poster will be along soon telling us he is earning a zillion Riyals a month with a jolly nice sub-contractor who caters to his every whim and desire.

Last edited by scot47; Mar 13th 2016 at 7:03 am.
Old Aug 26th 2016, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Bitter Scott is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep. Your right another poster is along to tell you the opposite. That's what you do most of the time on forums is make such remarks waiting for a reply so you can read it and smile and pat yourself on the back and continue with your existence.

Anyway, Scotty, I guess you have seen a lot of good movies. The interesting thing is how can you tell the difference between a good movie and a bad one? Guess you have to watch a bad movie. So how do you know so much about teachers who work for Aramco through contractors? Did you ever do such work for Aramco through a contractor....I guess not. But that is the only story you are telling for the past number of years.

I work in Aramco through a contractor. I also know a number of guys who work for Aramco through contractors (for sure all contractors not the same) but I would say the majority of the guys are ok / happy with their contractor, some have been with their contractor (British, Irish, US, South African, Philippines for more than 5 years) all working as English, Math or IT / Clerical teachers. In addition, the western expats are earning $9500 to $10500 per month. In fact, after Brexit many us are laughing all the way to the bank. As regards visa, passport, vacation etc. My contractor always arranges a multiple exit visa, I have always kept my passport, always paid on time, always approved my vacation and Aramco has too (done through on line system in a few days), most years I manage to get away from Saudi about every 9 to 10 weeks (36 days paid vacation per year with three return flights paid), this very much depends on the timing of the Eid breaks one or two other factors, the work is sometimes hard but you get used to it and when you know what you are doing and can get along with your superiors (giving them heads up on your vacation plan) and peers then it's great. The trainees, just know how to manage them, how to get the job done. Also, your annual review, that's when it gets interesting, the average is about 5 to 7%, if they are really happy with you 9% and above. If you are one of the 9% and above guys then chances are you like doing your job and they see it.

All in all, I like it, though wouldn't want to do it for the rest of my life, nor would I want my family to stay here up until I retired. One could end up being totally lost on various forums.

All the best.
Old Aug 26th 2016, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I lived next door to Aramco Camp in Dhahran and visited often.I was there in Dhahran from 2003 to 2009 before moving to Hafr-Al_batin where I did my final two years - 2009-2011

If you can get a job with Aramco - fine. Jobs with contractors are NOT so good. Simple fact. I lost track of the number of people on subcontracting jobs who were extremely bitter about not getting the same deal as Aramco direct hire.
One of the sources for bitterness is that Aramco direct hires can send kids to school at Aramco expense. Those on sub-contracts cannot.

"The only story" well - just one of the many. Try me on OSAS in Africa or the BC anywhere., Or on Germany. I have posts on all these and other subjects.

Better than some colleagues whose sole topic of conversation is English Soccer !

Last edited by scot47; Aug 26th 2016 at 7:31 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2016, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

You still have no direct experience with working for Aramco through a contractor.
Old Aug 27th 2016, 3:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have not been to the North Pole but I know it is cold there.

Bitter Scott, did you create this user ID for the sole reason of attacking me and my views ?
Old Aug 27th 2016, 5:27 am
Just Joined

Again, you don't have any direct experience working for Aramco through a contractor but frequently write negative things about it.
Old Aug 27th 2016, 1:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I spent 17 years in KSA, with differnet employers, spread over the period 1970 to 2011. I kept my ears and eyes open. I know what I know. I would be interested to hear about turnover at your workplace. How long do teachers last ? Months ? How many have done more than 3 years ? 5 years ?

You clearly feel very strongly about this. So strongly that you created this User ID for the sole purpose of attacking me and my views.

Last edited by scot47; Aug 27th 2016 at 1:59 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2016, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

You have no direct experience working for Aramco as a contractor. That's a fact.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 2:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lots of experience with loads of different people in KSA. That included many embittered by the fact that ARAMCO would not hire them directly but took them on through dodgy contracting companies - who would lay them off at the drop of a hat. Tell me, what is the average time that one of your colleagues sticks it out ? A year ?

Seems to me that you are determined to justify to yourself and to others your presence in the Kingdom. Get a decent employer there and you will find the experience better. Do not measure your life in US$s.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 3:18 am
Just Joined

The fact remains that you have no direct experience working for Aramco through a contractor, never had nor will you ever have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.