Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Any positive reviews of EdEx

Any positive reviews of EdEx

Old Jan 14th 2014, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any positive reviews of EdEx

One week only.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 9:35 am
Just Joined

madinah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britg
to those looking specifically at edex you should know that every company over here works differently than those in the west. everyone I know working here has had problems and complaints. if you are here just for the money you will probably hate it as most I have met do. If you are coming for other reasons (as I did) then you may love it here even though you have a few problems along the way
Hi britg,
when did you sign the contract with them and when did you have your medical ? How long did it take after medical for you confirmation of travel.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Beansandcheese23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Any positive reviews of EdEx

Hi everyone, I'm a new member.

It seems as if I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I signed the 'contract' at the end of September 2013 and have been waiting ever since. The last I heard from edex was that the male applicants would be called up for the medicals on the 25th January.

Also, I just spoke to my dad and he seems concerned that I paid £500 for a visa. Can anybody actually confirm that this whole thing is not a scam?
It's just getting ridiculous now, I quit my full time job in November so I could do this, but that's ok because I have found full time hours with another company for the time being.

I just want some information because whenever I ring up the edex office they're always vague and not helpful. I honestly have learned more about the whole thing from you guys on this forum, so thank you all for that.

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Beansandcheese23
Hi everyone, I'm a new member.

It seems as if I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I signed the 'contract' at the end of September 2013 and have been waiting ever since. The last I heard from edex was that the male applicants would be called up for the medicals on the 25th January.

Also, I just spoke to my dad and he seems concerned that I paid £500 for a visa. Can anybody actually confirm that this whole thing is not a scam?
It's just getting ridiculous now, I quit my full time job in November so I could do this, but that's ok because I have found full time hours with another company for the time being.

I just want some information because whenever I ring up the edex office they're always vague and not helpful. I honestly have learned more about the whole thing from you guys on this forum, so thank you all for that.

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.
where did you sign the contract ? in London or Manchester? when i phoned in Nov the edex agent who submit visas they clearly stated that male visas were on hold
Old Jan 20th 2014, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

They emailed me the contract, I signed it and then emailed it back. I've had contact with James who I gather works in the London office
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

Hi every1,

i phoned Manchester branch today and have been told that some visas and paperwork for female has gone through and therefore medical date will be confirmed on sat or sun. but for men they will be confirming on monday if they have visa allocation for them..my advice is phone Britannia consular service tomorrow and ask them if they have any visa allocation for males especially for edex..
BRITANNIA CONSULAR SERVICES 0207 724 1070
Old Jan 24th 2014, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by madinah
if they have visa allocation for them
Ahh. I thought you guys were stuck at open positions, not applications for blocks of visas dependent on gender and nationality. It's remarkable a company of that size needs your money in their hands up front like this. It has to make you wonder if they have enough to pay you each month when you arrive incountry.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Has anybody heard back from edex this week?
Old Jan 28th 2014, 4:36 pm
Wiz
Just Joined

Wiz is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anybody heard back from edex this week?
I spoke to someone from the London office this afternoon and was told that their manager has just returned to Saudi this morning. Apparently in the coming weeks he'll be sorting out how many teachers are needed by the various universities they are working with. There after he'll send requests for x amount of teachers.....basically I don't think anyone is leaving before March or even mid march.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Angry Re: Any positive reviews of EdEx

Does anybody know if we can get our £500 refunded?
Because this is a piss take.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 2:38 pm
Wiz
Just Joined

Does anybody know if we can get our £500 refunded?
Because this is a piss take.
You can try. Basically, what seems to have happened is that we were employed for positions which were not quite there yet. This is how (I think) it goes: Our beloved edex tells universities they can get them teachers anytime of the year-- they then go on a recruiting spree (this is where you and I as the reserve cavalry come in), they then await for the universities to make their requests- just like that comes in the ESL footsoldiers. Of course it wouldnt be in their best interest to tell us the whole truth about this game plan. This is probably the sacrifice we have to make to the tax free and relatively lucrative income we all so badly need. My edex contact told him to call back on Friday afternoon so I'll let you know. In the meantime, keep your head up! I say.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

I have been phoning the manchester branch today..I am having no response..I am going to ask for a refund asap..
Old Jan 29th 2014, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Me too. Reply to this if you have any luck. I can't get hold of them at the moment
Old Jan 29th 2014, 4:53 pm
Wiz
Just Joined

Me too. Reply to this if you have any luck. I can't get hold of them at the moment
I had to call London as Manchester seems to be off line.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 10:20 am
Just Joined

eesa mckenzie is an unknown quantity at this point

I have recently applied for them in the London office. They said that we will be going out their Mid March and I am just waiting for the visa to start. It seems better than other companies which I applied for

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.