Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

technolog's AOS from K-1 fiancé to CPR

technolog's AOS from K-1 fiancé to CPR

Old Sep 19th 2014, 12:45 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: technolog's AOS from K-1 fiancé to CPR

EAD and current SS Card with legend is all you need. You can't get the legend removed until you have your green card. The EAD is what allows you to work in the meantime.

Rene
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

technolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond repute

I received my EAD card this morning. I was surprised to see that the same card also serves as my AP too. Along the bottom of the card it says:

Serves as I-512 Advance Parole
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 3:41 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by technolog
I received my EAD card this morning. I was surprised to see that the same card also serves as my AP too. Along the bottom of the card it says:
I am also surprised at the apparent efficiency of this. Baby steps USCIS, baby steps.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 4:12 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The EAD and AP have been coming as a combo card for a while now.

Rene
Old Sep 30th 2014, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

technolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond repute

It's now been just over two months since USCIS took receipt of my AOS pack. I know that's no cause for concern but at what point, if ever, do I need to get in touch to see if there's a problem? I have my EAD & AP so there's no issue there.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 6:05 am

Look at the USCIS site to see if there are posted processing times for your city. If so, you can contact them if you go3 more than 30 days past that date. Keep in mind those are not written in stone and can change at any time.

In general, it seems to take around 6 or 7 months from filing AOS to interview.

Rene
Old Sep 30th 2014, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

When I log into my USCIS account, it says my case is being processed at the Nebraska Service Center. Here is the screenshot of the I-485 section of the Nebraska processing times table:

There doesn't seem to be a line for my category (AOS from K-1 fiancé(e)) - do I come under 'employment'? They all say 4 months processing time anyway, so given that my AOS pack was received at NSC on July23rd, I should expect to hear something by November 23rd ish and contact them 30 days after that if I've not heard anything?

I didn't realise I had to have an interview - oops. Am I right to think it'll be at the Cleveland Field Office, where my biometrics appointment was?

This is the table of processing times for the Cleveland office. Is there anything to be gleaned from it that has any relevance to my case?

Old Sep 30th 2014, 4:12 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Is there anything to be gleaned from it that has any relevance to my case?
All you can glean from any of the info you posted, is that your AOS package is being processed. Posted processing times are, as you know, often misleading and incorrect.

... at what point, if ever, do I need to get in touch to see if there's a problem?
Is there a reason that you believe there's a problem with your application? If not, I suggest you're trying to make something out of nothing... and you'll end up anxious and frustrated as a result.

Ian
Old Sep 30th 2014, 5:59 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realise I had to have an interview - oops.
You might. You might not. Anecdotally 6-7 months is pretty normal for AOS, so I wouldn't even start thinking about it til after Christmas!

You have your EAD/AP now right? So it's not like it's stopping you from doing anything.

Btw, if you're recommended for an interview waiver those seem to be taking up to 12 months to process. Nothing you can do in either scenario so just get on with enjoying married life
Old Oct 1st 2014, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Is there a reason that you believe there's a problem with your application? If not, I suggest you're trying to make something out of nothing... and you'll end up anxious and frustrated as a result.

Ian
I've told you before Ian, I don't do anxious and frustrated. I'm just keeping my eye on the ball and keeping it at the forefront of my mind so that it doesn't fall victim to my *interesting* memory
Old Oct 1st 2014, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I don't do anxious and frustrated.
Neither do I! My AOS took 33 months... and I didn't once worry about it.

Ian
Old Oct 1st 2014, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Just FYI, I am AOS from work visa based on marriage I applied June 20th and am in Pittsburgh. I received interview date for October 16th (notice sent late August).
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Jerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond repute

When I log into my USCIS account, it says my case is being processed at the Nebraska Service Center. Here is the screenshot of the I-485 section of the Nebraska processing times table:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ps6e6d4fbd.gif

There doesn't seem to be a line for my category (AOS from K-1 fiancé(e)) - do I come under 'employment'? They all say 4 months processing time anyway, so given that my AOS pack was received at NSC on July23rd, I should expect to hear something by November 23rd ish and contact them 30 days after that if I've not heard anything?

I didn't realise I had to have an interview - oops. Am I right to think it'll be at the Cleveland Field Office, where my biometrics appointment was?

This is the table of processing times for the Cleveland office. Is there anything to be gleaned from it that has any relevance to my case?

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...psd08ace1b.gif
Are you sure it's says NSC not NBC?
Old Nov 2nd 2014, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jerni
Are you sure it's says NSC not NBC?
Sorry, only just saw this - yes, definitely Nebraska, plain as day.
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

My recent approval took 125 days from submitting AOS package to receiving the green card in the mail (interview was one week prior to receiving the GC).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.