Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

help please!! just married and with kid issues

help please!! just married and with kid issues

Old Jan 11th 2012, 4:21 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help please!! just married and with kid issues

Originally Posted by lucylosingit
rene,
sorry i thought someone else had the impression my husband was over here, it would be easier for my husband to move here however he has children of his own who are much younger so we have 8 between us!! i have an appointment with a solicitor so will get their advice and take it from there. thank you for the help you have given me
lucy
Reading through the thread so far, I think you might have to accept it will be impossible for all of you to live together.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

lucylosingit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
I realize that there's a language difference here, but I hope you mean a US immigration attorney.

Regards, JEff
lol sorry, yes i do mean a us immigration attorney
lucy
Old Jan 11th 2012, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Does your husband earn at least $56,587 in income?

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Rene
hi rene,
yes he earns over that amount
lucy
Old Jan 11th 2012, 4:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Family of 5?

2 UK

3 US
Seems more like a family of 10 to me.

Himself, his wife, his 4 children, her 4 children = 10.

Of course, three of her children may not be coming to the USA. That would bring it down to a family of 7. I was erring on the high side.

Rene
Old Jan 11th 2012, 4:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

it would be easier for my husband to move here however he has children of his own who are much younger so we have 8 between us!!
Does he have custody of all 4 of his children? If not, and the custody is with the children's mother, it would STILL be easier for him to move to the UK, make child support payments from there, and take vacations back to the USA to see his kids. He has the freedom to go back and forth anytime.

Rene
Old Jan 11th 2012, 8:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

You also face a problem of healthcare for your oldest son, assuming he needs any kind of ongoing care. Once a child reaches a certain, I think it's now 27, they are removed from parents health insurance. You would have to get him onto Medicaid, or whatever aid would be available in your home state, assuming he would be eligible.

If you want to live in the, you certainly have an uphill struggle on your hands to get all of your children here. You need to do plenty of research, and talk to an attorney to get all your ducks in a row.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
You also face a problem of healthcare for your oldest son, assuming he needs any kind of ongoing care. Once a child reaches a certain, I think it's now 27, they are removed from parents health insurance. You would have to get him onto Medicaid, or whatever aid would be available in your home state, assuming he would be eligible.

If you want to live in the, you certainly have an uphill struggle on your hands to get all of your children here. You need to do plenty of research, and talk to an attorney to get all your ducks in a row.
hi,
yes hubby checked his healthcare does cover my eldest until he reaches 26, he has no medical issues as such its mainly his mental disability, nevertheless, ive received some good advice from all on here and someone recommended a good attorney so hubby is going to see them next week, discuss our options, then make a decision from there.
lucy
Old Jan 12th 2012, 8:06 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

hi,
yes hubby checked his healthcare does cover my eldest until he reaches 26, he has no medical issues as such its mainly his mental disability, nevertheless, ive received some good advice from all on here and someone recommended a good attorney so hubby is going to see them next week, discuss our options, then make a decision from there.
lucy
26 is the age nationwide due to some of Obama's healthcare overhaul. I have a 24 year old on mine. Some states have provisions for disabled (mentally or physically) adult children that allow them to remain on a parent's policy even longer.