Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF in London- Paperwork for interview

DCF in London- Paperwork for interview

Old Mar 17th 2014, 10:16 am
Just Joined

lyn0923 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF in London- Paperwork for interview

My husbands interview for his IR1 interview is next week, yay! Been triple checking all our paperwork wanting to make sure everything is in order and there is no chance of a delay/refusal. Here's a list of what we're bringing. Anything look like it's missing??

Interview date letter from embassy
courier instructions
Husband's passport
Husband's birth certificate
UK Police certificate
Netherlands police certificate
(my husband lived in Singapore for a few years BEFORE he was 16, so it is my understanding we do NOT need a police certificate for that country, correct??)
2 US sized passport photos of my husband
Marriage certificate
My i864
Tax return and w2 for 2011
Letter explaining no tax return for 2012 along with proof that I was not working.
Pay stubs for 2013 and 2014 and Letter explaining I have not yet filed 2013's taxes
Explanation and proof of domicile since I currently live in the UK
Proof includes: overseas Voter registration in califorrnia, checking acct and credit card in california, car ownership in california, mail addressed to me in california, proof of our hiring international movers
Joint sponsor i864, pay stubs for 2014, W-2 for 2013 and letting explaining that 2013's taxes have not been filed yet. 2010-2012 tax returns and w-2s
Joint sponsor household members i864a, same documentation as the joint sponsor
Just in case:
My birth certificate and passport
wedding and holiday photos
bills and bank statements in both of our names
wedding invitation

And we've photocopied everything on that list and bring it as well.

Thanks for any input and good luck to anyone else going through a visa process!
Old Mar 17th 2014, 12:36 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF in London- Paperwork for interview

Originally Posted by lyn0923
My husbands interview for his IR1 interview is next week, yay! Been triple checking all our paperwork wanting to make sure everything is in order and there is no chance of a delay/refusal. Here's a list of what we're bringing. Anything look like it's missing??

Interview date letter from embassy
courier instructions
Husband's passport
Husband's birth certificate
UK Police certificate
Netherlands police certificate
(my husband lived in Singapore for a few years BEFORE he was 16, so it is my understanding we do NOT need a police certificate for that country, correct??)
2 US sized passport photos of my husband
Marriage certificate
My i864
Letter explaining no tax return for 2012 along with proof that I was not working.
Pay stubs for 2013 and 2014 and Letter explaining I have not yet filed 2013's taxes
Explanation and proof of domicile since I currently live in the UK
Proof includes: overseas Voter registration in califorrnia, checking acct and credit card in california, car ownership in california, mail addressed to me in california, proof of our hiring international movers
Joint sponsor i864, pay stubs for 2014, W-2 for 2013 and letting explaining that 2013's taxes have not been filed yet. 2010-2012 tax returns and w-2s
Joint sponsor household members i864a, same documentation as the joint sponsor
Just in case:
My birth certificate and passport
bills and bank statements in both of our names
wedding invitation

And we've photocopied everything on that list and bring it as well.

Thanks for any input and good luck to anyone else going through a visa process!
He'll also need to print out and take with him the confirmation page from his DS260.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyn0923
Correct.

You aren't required to show a 2013 return unless the interview is after April 15. What you have covers 2012 and 2011... but what about 2010? It is the 3rd most recent filing year, you need that also - or an explanation why a 2010 return wasn't filed.

What about contact with real estate agents in the US; estate agents in the UK; letters of resignation from work; school contacts if you have school-age children. Remember, it's not just about making new plans for the US, it's also about wrapping things up in the UK.

See above.

Wedding photos certainly not needed. Holiday photos are good if you can precisely date them as being taken after the wedding.

wedding invitation
Not needed - your marriage certificate proves you're married.

Ian
Old Mar 17th 2014, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

lyn0923 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

You aren't required to show a 2013 return unless the interview is after April 15. What you have covers 2012 and 2011... but what about 2010? It is the 3rd most recent filing year, you need that also - or an explanation why a 2010 return wasn't filed.

I am sitting here with the instructions for the i864 and it states that only the most recent tax year is required, having the past three is optional. I have lost my w-2s for 2010, so have not included it since the instructions state that you need them to accompany any photocopies of tax returns and I do not have the IRS transcripts.

What about contact with real estate agents in the US; estate agents in the UK; letters of resignation from work; school contacts if you have school-age children. Remember, it's not just about making new plans for the US, it's also about wrapping things up in the UK.

I am choosing to prove that I have maintained domicile, not that I am reestablishing it. I have lived here for less than three years and we have always intended on moving back to the USA together. It states in the instructions that I can choose to prove that I have maintained domicile and that my time away from the US was temporary.

"If you are not currently living in the United States, you must show that your trip abroad is temporary and that you have maintained your domicile in the United States. You can show this by providing proof of your voting record in the United States, proof of paying U.S. State or local taxes, proof of having property in the United States, proof of maintaining bank or investment accounts in the United States, or proof of having a permanent mailing address in the United States.Other proof could be evidence that you are a student studying abroad or that a foreign government has authorized a temporary stay."

I have the proof of the voting record, I will print my state taxes, I have proof of owning property (car), proof of bank account, proof of permanent mailing address, and proof that my current UK visa is "definite leave to remain" and ends in March 2015 I am making no moves to renew it. So that's everything listed.

We don't own our home here and are waiting to give notice to our landlord once we are sure of the visa, but I will include my letter of resignation and a letter from my parents confirming our intent to live with them at first in America if that might help.

Ian
Thank you for your help and thank you for confirming about the police certificate!