Originally Posted by chask
And best of luck to you as well!!!
Just heard about my interview, one week notice, not that I'm complaining
Old Aug 31st 2011, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

LuccaGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

My UK hubby just received his visa yippee

But I am still confused, which is a bit normal when dealing with the Embassy.

The sheet of paper that came with the visa says, 'at the port of entry you will be asked to complete and application for a Permanent Residence Card and you should receive it in approximately six months time.' So, does that mean that the visa in our passport is a temporary green card, and that my husband can start applying for jobs as soon as he lands on US soil? We don't have to wait another six months?! right

Lastly, can my husband go in and out of the US as much as he wants once his visa is stamped?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 8:25 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LuccaGirl
My UK hubby just received his visa yippee

But I am still confused, which is a bit normal when dealing with the Embassy.

The sheet of paper that came with the visa says, 'at the port of entry you will be asked to complete and application for a Permanent Residence Card and you should receive it in approximately six months time.' So, does that mean that the visa in our passport is a temporary green card, and that my husband can start applying for jobs as soon as he lands on US soil? We don't have to wait another six months?! right

Lastly, can my husband go in and out of the US as much as he wants once his visa is stamped?

Thanks for your help in advance.
The visa in his passport, once it has been stamped on first entry is a valid I-551 (GC) for 12 months from that date. Until he gets his GC he uses the stamped visa as his GC.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

LuccaGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lansbury
The visa in his passport, once it has been stamped on first entry is a valid I-551 (GC) for 12 months from that date. Until he gets his GC he uses the stamped visa as his GC.
Thanks for that,
so can he fly in and out of the US as much as he wants? or is there a limited amount of days he can be out of the US for that first year?
thanks!!
Old Sep 1st 2011, 8:55 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

It's not so much how many days he's out, and how often he goes in and out, as why he's doing this traveling and what he's done to establish the USA as his place of permanent residence.

If he clearly now lives in the USA and needs to travel a lot for whatever reasons, no problem. If it appears that he hasn't done anything to put down roots in the USA and is leaving a lot because his life is still in his previous country he may run into problems.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by LuccaGirl
Thanks for that,
so can he fly in and out of the US as much as he wants? or is there a limited amount of days he can be out of the US for that first year?
thanks!!