AOS Questions

Old Dec 12th 2017, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Questions

Got excited this morning when I saw my informed delivery email showing a letter from USCIS...

Completely forgot about my EAD renewal and it was just NOA1 from that. Ugh
Old Dec 12th 2017, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
Got excited this morning when I saw my informed delivery email showing a letter from USCIS...

Completely forgot about my EAD renewal and it was just NOA1 from that. Ugh
Ha. Let me know if it mentions about the automatic extension please. I sent my renewal last week.
Old Dec 12th 2017, 7:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

WOW ... neither of you have received your green cards yet after your AOS interview.

I realize that our situation occurred in 2001 but the only way we got the ball rolling after the interview was to write to the head of the then INS in New York City office in Federal Plaza outlining our K-1 situation, our AOS interview and the examiner's name. We praised her 'work' and stated that we looked forward to hearing something in the affirmative before long. Well the receipt of that letter prompted our examiner to actually call Jim at home and me in my office politely demanding a copy of the letter I sent. I faxed it to her. It was approved that same day but the card never came in the mail and then 9/11 occurred. As a member of the New York State Guard, Jim was activated but the lack of the green card was a problem. We contacted our local rep's office and their liaison got on it immediately when he heard the gun fire in the background from Camp Smith when he called Jim. The liaison called me and asked if I could come to the Harvard Club in Manhattan (worked in Manhattan) that evening and pickup a letter for Jim so he could go the next morning to INS at Fed Plaza to get his stamp. I did, he went, stamp received and card came 10 days letter in the mail. Jim stopped at the house on the way to Fed Plaza to pick up the letter as he was on active duty and not at home.

Last edited by Rete; Dec 12th 2017 at 7:08 pm.
Old Dec 12th 2017, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
Ha. Let me know if it mentions about the automatic extension please. I sent my renewal last week.

It mentions the letter can be served as an automatic 180 day extension if the category is applicable and we’re C9 so I believe it should be good!

Apologies for poor iPhone quality.
Old Dec 31st 2017, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thought I'd update on how using my AP went.

Landed back into Denver yesterday.

@ Gatwick preparing to depart: Lady at the check in desk (Norwegian Air) had never seen the document before (my AP is paper based, not the combo card). That proved tricky as she said there weren't any supervisors around to help so we had to wait around 25 minutes. The minute a supervisor arrived he clicked and typed for about 30 seconds and we were good to go...

@ Gatwick preparing to board the plane: They asked for passport, boarding pass and a quick glance at the document so that was fine.

Upon landing in Denver I joined the US citizens line with my wife (as instructed to do so). Got taken to secondary and I was in there for about 2 minutes. The guy behind the desk was very friendly and explained the parole stamp in my passport (good til 29th December 2018).

All in all, not a bad experience at all minus checking in for the flight in the UK so would advise getting there a little earlier than usual like we did.
Old Dec 31st 2017, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear it went rather smoothly! Out of curiosity how was entering the UK for your wife?
Old Jan 1st 2018, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Glad to hear it went rather smoothly! Out of curiosity how was entering the UK for your wife?
Yeah it was definitely better than expected, still would've been nice to have the GC but oh well!

Wife had no problems at all. They asked her where she was staying and why she was visiting and that was it. She said the guy was very friendly and wished her a good Christmas and to enjoy her stay etc!
Old Jan 1st 2018, 6:56 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I'd update on how using my AP went.

Landed back into Denver yesterday.

@ Gatwick preparing to depart: Lady at the check in desk (Norwegian Air) had never seen the document before (my AP is paper based, not the combo card). That proved tricky as she said there weren't any supervisors around to help so we had to wait around 25 minutes. The minute a supervisor arrived he clicked and typed for about 30 seconds and we were good to go...

@ Gatwick preparing to board the plane: They asked for passport, boarding pass and a quick glance at the document so that was fine.

Upon landing in Denver I joined the US citizens line with my wife (as instructed to do so). Got taken to secondary and I was in there for about 2 minutes. The guy behind the desk was very friendly and explained the parole stamp in my passport (good til 29th December 2018).

All in all, not a bad experience at all minus checking in for the flight in the UK so would advise getting there a little earlier than usual like we did.
I entered last October in Denver. Although I am a US citizen, I watch other people as a matter of professional interest. I will say I was impressed.

The only problem was the boarding passes issued in Europe for our onward flight to LAX were not endorsed for TSA pre-check. Also our boarding group was worse than what United usually gives us. Once through security I went to United customer service desk. The passes issued in Europe was not what the UAL computer showed. Our boarding group was much better. For a full 777 to LA. This was appreciated. Also, the new passes we're endorsed for TSA pre-check.

Last edited by S Folinsky; Jan 1st 2018 at 7:52 pm.
Old Jan 1st 2018, 8:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Just a note for you, Ben. While the stamp is marked December 29, 2018. If your A/P is dated a date that is prior to the 29th of December, 2018, do NOT travel with the expired A/P and just the passport stamp, as that stamp is not valid for your entry.

Note, this is only if you don't have your green card by the time the A/P expires.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rete
Just a note for you, Ben. While the stamp is marked December 29, 2018. If your A/P is dated a date that is prior to the 29th of December, 2018, do NOT travel with the expired A/P and just the passport stamp, as that stamp is not valid for your entry.

Note, this is only if you don't have your green card by the time the A/P expires.
Thank you Rete

We're actually thinking about moving back to the UK. My wife fell in love with the place and wants to go back to visit again in a month or two! We're both frustrated with the immigration process here and even though we knew what we were getting into, it's still frustrating actually living it.

If we haven't heard anything about my green card by February we'll be making another InfoPass appointment, but as it stands I feel like we may just abandon the process and go back to the UK.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 2:24 pm
Concierge

It is so frustrating, Ben, and I feel for you. I know it is difficult to read of others who have filed at the same time you had or even after you and they are proclaiming their delight at having had their interviews or being chosen not to interview and are waving green cards in the air.

You are both young with an entire life ahead of you. It would be great if you could get the GC and then wait for US naturalization so that any move to the UK will have the cushion of US citizenship behind it should that fail.

We both know that just visiting a country and falling in love with it while visiting doesn't mean you are going to love living and working there.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rete
It is so frustrating, Ben, and I feel for you. I know it is difficult to read of others who have filed at the same time you had or even after you and they are proclaiming their delight at having had their interviews or being chosen not to interview and are waving green cards in the air.

You are both young with an entire life ahead of you. It would be great if you could get the GC and then wait for US naturalization so that any move to the UK will have the cushion of US citizenship behind it should that fail.

We both know that just visiting a country and falling in love with it while visiting doesn't mean you are going to love living and working there.
Oh definitely, our plan was to always hang tight for naturalization and then go from there.

It also makes it difficult as my wife is bang in the middle of her Masters degree so it would be stupid to up and leave now but I do miss home and the company I worked for before have said they'd love for me to come back (by far the best job I've ever had money-wise and work/life balance) so lots to think about.

For now it's business as usual and happy new year to everyone
Old Jan 16th 2018, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

1 year and 1 week after filing we got our interview notice in the mail today (online status still shows awaiting to be scheduled for an interview!).

February 15th - finally some progress
Old Jan 16th 2018, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

1 year and 1 week after filing we got our interview notice in the mail today (online status still shows awaiting to be scheduled for an interview!).

February 15th - finally some progress
Dude I'm so glad for you! Feel like this has been a journey we have shared.
Old Jan 16th 2018, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dude I'm so glad for you! Feel like this has been a journey we have shared.
Tell me about it! If all goes to plan it looks like we'll be going through the joy of lifting conditions a few months apart too!

Just excited to get the interview over and done with and hopefully finished with USCIS for the better part of two years

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.